Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm having trouble with edibles.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ExIvee, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Hey everybody. Ive read that certain people cant break down edibles properly in the stomach. On my multiple occasions I have tried so hard to get fried on edibles and so far I havent had any noticeable effects from them. Im a regular smoker and it works that way just fine. A week ago I took 350 mg worth of gummies to no effect. Everybody else took 50 and said they were smacked. Last night I took 100 of a different gummie which was highly regarded by several friends. Still nothing. Ive been coming into it on an empty stomach and eating a fatty meal with or after consumption of the edible. Ive tried it with no food, tried it with and without smoking, and tried doses ranging from 25mg up to 500mg. Ive even tried it with mango. Am I immune or something?

2. Please report to the Labs for dissection.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Seriously man, thats really how I feel! its no fun eating 40 dollars worth of edibles and not even getting high. I may as well just smoke a q of bud. At least I know ill get fried.

4. Have you tried making your own edibles??? If you make your own you know everything that went into them :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 bkarnaze, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    This is the only way to know whether it's you or the edibles.
    Many people can get fried on an edible that might do little or nothing for you, so a fair test hasn't been done yet.

Try this with a gram of herb:
    1. Decarb @ 240 F for 40 min
    2. Grind to fine powder
    3. Mix together decarbed herb, a roughly equal amount of lecithin, and 5-10 grams nut butter, then bake @ 220 F for 40-60 min
    4. Spread onto anything, and eat
    If this doesn't work, then it's you, not edibles.
    Eating the whole thing could green you out, so be careful.

Edit: Had a brain fart and gave PB amounts for a smaller dose. About 15 g or more nut butter per gram herb.

6. #6 ExIvee, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Thanks brother, im gonna try this. Should one piece of toast with this spread be enough to feel?

7. Gf is the same way. Most they do is make her nauseas the next day

8. In the same boat so far. Highest I've tried is 650mg of medical gummies. Absolutely nada, possibly slightly drowsy. Home made, store bought, all types still no effect.
    BUT
    Gonna try BrassNwood's recipe for capsules. A search would bring it up. Everyone here swears that it's the bee's knee's. Sounds great, testimonials from all claim that even those like us who have a hard time digesting the thc get great results. Am currently drying, so I'll be finding out fairly soon. And can't wait.

9. Thanks for the heads up on that BrassNwoods recipe. If the homemade route doesnt solve my issue than thats the next thing to try I guess.

10. The nut butter recipe given above is based on BrassNwood's methods, and has the same approximate effect as pills and edibles made with the same amount of herb.
    The main differences are that BNW uses less lecithin and oil, and does two 20 min bakes interupted by a freeze in the middle.
    I make pills, spreads and edibles, all based on the same methods, and they all work about the same.

The most crucial step is accurate decarb.
    Almost any infusion thereafter works pretty well.

11. I didn't trust my oven temp so I actually bought a Nova decarboxylator because I thought I was screwing up the decarb. Still had no luck. Should I keep using it or go back to the oven when I try to make that batch?

12. Try firebars 140mg each and firechews 200mg each
    I eat 2 gummies in a pack of 5 and I’m fried
    Strongest edibles I’ve had and they taste good

13. I also use the Ardent devices, and they work very well. Much more accurate than my flaky ovens.
    I've tested infusion in the Ardent, and it also works very well with added lecithin.
    It's beginning to look like herb doesn't like you.

14. If it works well, I will keep using the ardent. I really just didn't know since I've yet to feel effects from edibles. But thanks, it really does make decarbing easier and less guessing.

15. #15 BrassNwood, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    THis is BadKats recipe found here. I've streamlined it just a bit but it is essentially hers.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes
    5 Grams Kief or Hash or concentrates or powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil (any cooking oil works)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (any kind)
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (optional)
    Done

750mg for the full tablespoon with buds
    2500mg with Kief or Hash

Buds 1 drop = 1mg
    Kief 1 drop = 3mg

BNW

16. I’m sorry,but that made me laugh my ass off!!!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

17. I got my Ardent in May and have been making potent edibles since. My neighbors are really happy I got it. I find that if I eat after I have smoked, they are not even 1/2 as powerful for me.

I have a pretty high tolerance and need to do a T break...but I don’t wanna LOL
    If I take 40-50mgs in the morning and don’t smoke, I am flying. I just take a bit higher dose 4 hours later, like 60-75mgs. I have greened out and it wasn’t fun, so I am careful now. My tolerance is so high now that it would take about 150mgs to green me out.

I thought edibles would replace smoking but I didn’t. I still like to smoke a joint.

Good luck and let us know if it works for you. Indica works better for me...buzz wise

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

18. Thanks for all the replies from everyone. Im going to try a couple of these mehods and ill report back that which was most effective for me, starting with BadKats recipe as quoted by BrassNwood.

19. 650 mg? Over $250 for one high? Legally it costs me $38 for 100mg. I'm not goign to swallow 6 tins of mints to catch a buzz.

20. While I agree 650mg is an excessive dose for most people, if you make your own edibles, it's only about 1/8oz (3.5g) of kind bud, or a comparable amount of concentrates/hash. Cooking your own saves a lot of money!

And I do definitely know people who can smoke an eighth in one night.

• Agree Agree x 1