Im Having a baby!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by DenserNug, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Im gonna be a parent! Lol I just wanted to let everyone know, me and my fiance and super excited and cant wait to find out if its gonna be a girl or a boy. So far its been 12 weeks today and every day is getting more exciting. Unfortunately she has really bad "morning" sickness and the only thig that helps is taking a bong rip. We have both done extensive research on the effects of smoking marijuana while pregnant...so please don't bother me the you shouldn't do that and what not. But anyways wish me good luck and a healthy baby and thanks everyone. :D

2. Congrats man! I can't wait till i'm a father :)

3. At least use edibles don't smoke it

congrats though

4. i hope the baby ends up being smarter than the both of you.

5. Look, hon, smoking ANYTHING while pregnant isn't that good for the baby. The carbon monoxide and dioxide lower the oxygen content of the mother's blood.

However, most of those commenting have never dealt with morning sickness- and "if you no play-a the game, you no make-a the rules!" :p I lost a job because of morning sickness! Back in the days before maternal leave, they just fired you and replaced you.

Smoking MAY harm the baby, but lack of nutrition due to hyperemesis will DEFINITELY harm the baby! So unless you dudes have experienced pregnancy and morning sickness.... :p.

Hyperemesis Gravidarum and Clinical Cannabis: To Eat or Not to Eat?
    [FONT=&quot](abst - 2002) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Taylor & Francis Online :: Hyperemesis Gravidarum and Clinical Cannabis: To Eat or Not to Eat? - Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics - Volume 2, Issue 3-4

[/FONT] Medical marijuana: a surprising solution to severe morning sickness (news - 2008) Medical Marijuana: A Surprising Solution to Severe Morning Sickness // Current

Medical Marijuana: Can Pot Help Pregnant Women With Vomiting and Nausea? (article – 2011)
    Pregnancy and Medical Marijuana: Can Pot Help Pregnant Women With Vomiting and Nausea? « Patients for Medical Cannabis

Let's see what can be done to make this as healthy of a pregnancy as possible!

First off - Please get a vaporizer! :yay: WAY HEALTHIER! They work as fast as smoking with no harmful smoke!

Is she using Vitamin E? The US Navy used Vitamin E to help their submariners deal with low oxygen levels. I know this because my Dad was one of them. He said it made a noticeable difference and took natural vitamin E (D alpha tocopherol) for the rest of his life.

Glycerin tinctures are also an option. Glycerin can be found at health food stores- herbalists use it for their tinctures when alcohol is to be avoided. It is sweet, doesn't sting and is used as a base for children's medicine. WildWill has an excellent thread on making glycerin tinctures-

WildWill's Glycerin Tincture HOW-TO (forum thread- 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/655899-wildwills-glycerin-tincture-how.html

The nice thing about tinctures is that the best way to use them is to roll them around in your mouth for a few minutes, then swallow! The THC can go right through the skin under your tongue! :D

Is she taking Omega 3? Get her started, if she isn't. It is needed to make normal CB1 receptors which are important for brain function!

[/FONT] Oily fish makes 'babies brainier' (news - 2006) (hemp seed- at the end)
    [FONT=&quot]BBC NEWS | Health | Oily fish makes 'babies brainier'[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

If her digestion is "off", fish oil caps may give her "fishy burps"- no fun! :( Hit the health food store and get some flax seed oil capsules or hemp seed oil. I prefer hemp seed oil- it tastes good enough that you can make a nice oil and vinegar salad dressing from it. Prices for hemp seed oil and capsules vary quite a bit online, so shop around!

She should be eating lots of fruits and veggies, salads with hemp seed oil dressing- good healthy food! :)

And finally these may help you fend off some of the flack :cool: -
    [/FONT]

Mortality Within the First 2 Years in Infants Exposed to Cocaine, Opiate, or Cannabinoid During Gestation (abst - 1997)
    [FONT=&quot]Mortality Within the First 2 Years in Infants Exposed to Cocaine, Opiate, or Cannabinoid During Gestation[/FONT]

Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality (news - 2010) (Based on the above abstract) :)

Pregnant Women Smoking Pot Could Reduce Infant Mortality

Prenatal marijuana use and neonatal outcome. (abst – 1991) Prenatal marijuana use and neon... [Neurotoxicol Teratol. 1991 May-Jun] - PubMed - NCBI

Analysis of Facial Shape in Children Gestationally Exposed to Marijuana, Alcohol, and/or Cocaine
    (abst - 1992)
    Analysis of Facial Shape in Children Gestationally Exposed to Marijuana, Alcohol, and/or Cocaine

Prenatal Marijuana Exposure and Neonatal Outcomes in Jamaica: An Ethnographic Study (full - 1994) Prenatal Marijuana Exposure and Neonatal Outcomes in Jamaica: An Ethnographic Study

Maternal cannabis use and birth weight: a meta-analysis (abst – 1997)
    ingentaconnect Maternal cannabis use and birth weight: a meta-analysis

Dr. Melanie Dreher, reefer researcher (interview - 1998)
    Dr. Melanie Dreher, reefer researcher | Cannabis Culture Magazine

Cannabis and pregnancy (full - 1999) http://www.ukcia.org/research/CannabisAndPregnancy.php

Ganja mothers, ganja babies (news - 1999) Ganja mothers, ganja babies | Cannabis Culture Magazine

Maternal use of cannabis and pregnancy outcome. (abst – 2002)
    [FONT=&quot]Maternal use of cannabis and pregnancy outcome. [BJOG. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

[/FONT] Dreher's Jamaican Pregnancy Study (news - 2006) Latest News - Dreher's Jamaican Pregnancy Study

Volumetric MRI Study of Brain in Children With Intrauterine Exposure to Cocaine, Alcohol, Tobacco, and Marijuana (full - 2008)
    Volumetric MRI Study of Brain in Children With Intrauterine Exposure to Cocaine, Alcohol, Tobacco, and Marijuana

Maternal tobacco, cannabis and alcohol use during pregnancy and risk of adolescent psychotic symptoms in offspring. (full - 2009) Maternal tobacco, cannabis and alcohol use during pregnancy and risk of adolescent psychotic symptoms in offspring

Maternal Marijuana use not Associated with Psychotic Symptoms , but Alcohol is (news - 2009)
    Maternal Marijuana use not Associated with Psychotic Symptoms , but Alcohol is

Best of luck to you all!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ^Thanks Granny. I knew you had some good advice. If I ever have any questions I know who to go to! :laughing:

7. Thanks a lot!! That was a ton of good info and I will be taking all of that good advice real seriously. And with the smoking deal, basically exactly what you said is what we found out. She was just using the bong with a carbon filter until we can get hear a good vape. And as I'm sure you know, you cant eat, sleep, barely talk or anything when you are vomiting up stomach bile from morning sickness. So its gonna be just a temporary solution.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and best wishes, Im gald to have support on here as well.

The vitamins, she was trying to take vitamin e but its hard for her to swallow right now so ew got her some gummy prenatal vitamins. They should work pretty good.