I'm gonna start accutane

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Purp Skurp, Sep 17, 2012.

1. [quote name='"NaKz"']

Well nobody has died directly from accutane. If you take accutane and get blood work done, while pursuing a healthy lifestyle...side effects will generally not be bad enough to do any damage especially at lower doses.

Unnecessary stress and anxiety is also not healthy, stress is one of the biggest killers in the US, but you can't go around forcing people to like what they see in the mirror just so you can say "well you're doing the healthier thing so who gives a shit."

This is up to the individual, and trying a scare campaign on something you haven't used is a fallacy.[/quote]

I like how you said "no one has died DIRECTLY from accutane."

So that means people have died indirectly from
    It... Meaning that it probably has long term side effects that might even not show up until you're a bit older... But then, then it might just catch up and kill you...?

Also you say that stress and anxiety are one of the biggest killers in the US... But, if you think about it, one of the most PROMINENT symptoms in accutane is depression... Which... Is heavily influenced by stress and anxiety..

Sorry to be rude I was just on a role there but I respect your opinion! Just sharing mine man

2. ^

yeah pretty ironic ay? getting acne medicine to cure anxiety, and depression resulting from it, and then having the medicine do the same?

really, its about people trusting doctos too much, and curing symptoms instead of causes

you are going to get rid of one problem and get tons more, besides you cant be sure its gonna work for you

i understand people who desperately need this, ive had some acne before too when i was younger, but i just cant understand how people will use something that some guy had his entire colon removed because of?

good luck though

3. The easy way out? HAH
    Theres nothing easy about Accutane and it being the "easy way out"
    Theres side effects to everything, OP knows this. they have done the research and are well aware of the possible side effects, Aslong as you get monthly blood work for them to check up on you, you'll be fine.

Accutane isn't prescribed just for acne, as the OP has said. It's for scarring, they also prescribe it for more serious cases like mine was (actual cysts all over)
    Everyones body is different, Let them choose what they want to do.
    You all need to chill out and be supportive.

4. You guys act like no matter what I'm gonna get the worst side effects no matter what, I have 2 friends that have taken it and the only thing that happened was the dry skin and I have another fried who just started it and his five is just dry.

It's not like once you take it you automatically get depressed, chrons, and ibs...

5. [quote name='"VladTepes"']

The easy way out? HAH
    Theres nothing easy about Accutane and it being the "easy way out"
    Theres side effects to everything, OP knows this. they have done the research and are well aware of the possible side effects, Aslong as you get monthly blood work for them to check up on you, you'll be fine.

Accutane isn't prescribed just for acne, as the OP has said. It's for scarring, they also prescribe it for more serious cases like mine was (actual cysts all over)
    Everyones body is different, Let them choose what they want to do.
    You all need to chill out and be supportive.[/quote]

You are right, it is 100% his choice...

It's just scary... I'm just Thinking about if any of these things actually happen to OP... I'll be glad I said something... Just because you never know

6. A few months of anxiety and depression versus years to decades of anxiety and depression.

But yeah, depression is real and is a side effect. MAINLY due to HIGHER doses. I always preach longer, extremely low doses as those have been documented to be almost completely side effect free compared to high doses.

Here's a scary number for OP, there are guesstimated to be around 2,000-20,000 possible total suicides from accutane use.

It's up to the OP to make this choice.

Also fucking LOL at the person who said accutane is an easy way out, you have GOT to be shitting me.

7. Lol did y'all miss my post when I said it's absolutely up to him and and I don't even care what he decides to do?

I just wanted him to know there is another option that 100% works. It seems he doesn't believe me though? I don't know why...I guess cause I'm not a doctor :rolleyes:

8. #48 budsmokn420, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    I meant easy as in he doesn't want to drink dark green juices that taste like grass for a month...

Most people never really wants to solve the core of their problem...they just mask the symptoms with drugs.

A perfect comparison would be an obese person getting gastric bypass surgery instead of just eating healthy and exercising.

9. #49 VladTepes, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012

...Gee, Try dealing with months of chapped lips. I'll drink some fucking flower juice all day, You say it's 100% guaranteed to work... Believe me, not all home remodies work on all people, like prescription drugs, they work different for different people. Accutane is prescribed for a few different things, not just basic acne..
    Theres different skin irritations which it is used to treat, All of them can have different severity levels on a person.
    It's not that they don't believe that your method will work, It's just they have made up their mind and choosen something which is guaranteed and they have personal experience with (they have friends who have taken it)

Pretty sure that by taking this medication he is actually getting to the core of the problem...
    Acne/skin issues don't just magically dissapear and aren't always because someone neglects to wash their face. If you believe that only "dirty" people get acne/skin problems, You are ignorant.
    He isn't "masking" anything by the way...

As for your "perfect" comparison...You're basically saying that their skin condition is only properly treated with natural remedies, and it's their fault for getting it in the first place by not taking care of their own skin?....

10. Acne is almost always diet related. Rarely do people get acne solely as a result of genetics. Genetics will play apart in how bad the acne occurs, but diet can alter gene expression if you eat the right things.

The core of the problem is the kidneys and liver being overloaded with foreign compounds present in a lot of processed food. People forget that skin is an organ and it is used to eliminate toxins. Yes, washing your face with water can clear your pores, but they can quickly become clogged again right after because the root of the problem is an unhealthy diet.

Dandelion root is one of the most powerful liver cleansers and the leaves improve kidney function. If you clean up your inside, your skin won't have the extra burden that the liver and kidneys are supposed to be taking care of and you will eliminate your acne. Also, if you're dealing with scars, it'll take a little more effort and you're gonna have to change your diet completely. It might take awhile, but you can regenerate your skin cells and get rid of scars.

That's what I would consider the route of the problem and how to fix it.

11. Well I just went in and got my blood drawn, I won't be able to start it until Tuesday when I get the pills. Can I smoke when I'm taking it? I have to take a blood test once a month so will weed affect it?

12. Dude haven't you seen the accutane commercials? "Call a lawyer if youve had X amount of symptoms, such as cancer, DEATH, etc."

13. "True life: I'm on accutane", a girl on the show had a brother who died from accutane and went ahead with the same procedure cause her face was really bad...

14. ^i hear you on that. my friend was on it and (i forgot exactly) had every symptom you can get from it

15. Have you been on Retin-A Micro?

16. I remember taking that in hs man. The drawing blood once a month was the worst haha but it works brother. Just drink lots of water and keep a strong chap stick with you because it can get pretty bad

17. Oh and about all the people talking about the side effects.. It truly depends on the dermo. Mine started me off on a really slow dosage and monitored my reactions to it. The negative side effects I would imagine come from being introduced to it in to high of a dosage for to long. If your dermo is safe so will you

18. Yes, you can smoke all you want while on accutane, it won't change the blood test results.
    Although the dry mouth ontop of the already dry-ness is a killer. So keep water and chapstick at hand.

19. That's what I thought but I was talking to me and she said smoking will affect the blood tests and I was like no I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything.

20. The blood they draw is used for a lipid assessment and an ***, they're not going to drug test you.