I'm gonna start accutane

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Purp Skurp, Sep 17, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

The whole things is edible. The root is the most nutritional part...the leaves are next best...you can also eat the flower which is good if you're trying to add more pigments to a salad or whatever.

Only thing that really isn't edible is the seed heads, unless you want that fuzzy white shit in your mouth lol

2. bump.

3. That's what I'm thinking, I can deal with dry skin if it means no more scars and pimples.

4. I was prescribed accutane. This was 10+ years ago. And since no major breakouts. Just the occasional pimple. That is all

5. I broke out on the left side of my cheek, from messing with certain substances... it kind've sucks and it shows up in all of my pictures :eek:

They aren't red or anything... they match my skin color so thats a plus I guess.

Best of luck to ya man, if you feel not yourself at all, and its scaring you, stop taking it, its not worth it.

6. Well I've got an appointment Friday in the morning with my dermatologist, hopefully I can start it that day.

7. Goodluck with it and be sure to discuss all the side effects and all that shit with your doctor. I know you are set on doing it and I'm not saying don't, Just read as much information as you can about what it can possibly do to your body while your taking it and just prepare yourself. That's all, It can be easy for some people and for some others it can wreck them.

8. A year ago he suggested it and they gave me this book about the side effects but I just used some anti biotics instead cause he said those would work, which they did but not enough, and he talked about the side effects do I know what could happen.

Thanks though

9. I used it for red marks and scars as well.

My face is perfectly clear now, but you have to earn it pretty much.

I had to stop lifting because my joints hurt so bad, because really anti social due to non-stop facial flushing, extremely red face, skin constantly peeling. On top of irritable bowel syndrome from it.

Horrible time, but it did what it was supposed to do.

10. I don't see how the benefits outweigh the positives. :confused:
    If its possible to get Crohns/IBS from taking this, why the fuck would you even consider it?

11. Dealing with your insecurities in the bathroom is much more bearable than dealing with them in public. Anxiety and stress wears on you.

Plus my IBS is under control due to eating fermented cabbage regularly, trillions of live cultures to regulate bowel movements.

12. I understand,
    but there are alternatives for acne medication.
    Ones that aren't going to give you a life long bowel disease.

13. ^ Fasting and dandelion greens/root if OP's down for it. Seems like they wanna just take the easy way out though...

14. I'm taking the way I know that will work, sorry but I'm not gonna waste my time eating flowers.

15. I did it bro and it does work. What do you think a drug is? It's a chemical compound that triggers biological reactions within the body. Nutrients and various herbal compounds do the same exact thing.

Do you happen to understand any of the actual science behind dandelion greens and fasting or accutane? If you don't know the difference between the two and how both are supposed to function, how could you possibly come to an informed, let alone adamant, conclusion?

Not that there's anything wrong with going with the drug, but I honestly think you don't care if the dandelion greens and fasting works. You just don't want to do it.

16. Save your breath Bud :(
    I think he's stuck in the mentality of,
    "If the dermatologist recommends it, it must be ok!"

17. I don't care what he does...I just want him to understand his options because yea, most people just do what their doctor tells them to do. I just want to make it clear that there is 100% alternative methods that work.

18. He didn't say acne, he said scarring.

Dealing with scarring (if bad enough), even with fasting and detoxifying, will take years and years to allow enough cell turnover to see a major difference.

Accutane causes RAPID cell turnover, allowing people to deal with scarring in a matter of months.

19. Well yea, but one is obvi healthier

20. Well nobody has died directly from accutane. If you take accutane and get blood work done, while pursuing a healthy lifestyle...side effects will generally not be bad enough to do any damage especially at lower doses.

Unnecessary stress and anxiety is also not healthy, stress is one of the biggest killers in the US, but you can't go around forcing people to like what they see in the mirror just so you can say "well you're doing the healthier thing so who gives a shit."

This is up to the individual, and trying a scare campaign on something you haven't used is a fallacy.