Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm gonna miss you Mary Jane...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BigBudLife, Jan 28, 2010.

1. I have been smoking for the past year. Ever since about half way through my senior year. And now I have to get a job due to being out of school and needing to get my own place. Well I have applied at just about everywhere. And they all do drug tests. :( So I guess that means no more fun with my favorite herb.

I am just frustrated and trying to vent to you guys. I just wish that there was a job that I could apply for and still smoke after work. I don't understand the problem unless I'm high on a scheduled shift.

What do you guys do?? Do you use fake pee for your drug testing? Or does your employer not drug test?

I just wish I could do both. It would be wonderful to have a job, get paid, and finally have enough money for an ounce. :(

Anyways if you guys can't answer its fine. I'm just really frustrated. Thanks for the answers guys.

2. I dont know of any places that drug test more than once. And why not get a restuarant job or something? places like that dont drug test at all. Either way you;; just have to stay clean for a month prior to the test, pass it, get job, get money for more sweet jane:smoking:

3. By drug tests do you mean just to get the job, or for the duration of the job?

4. Never sacrifice a good job for some herb. Stay clean till you get a job. Once you get it, and youre past your probationary period, if things are chill, feel free to toke up. Unless youre in a government job they wont pop random drug tests. If youre in a state with medical mj, then get your card. Even if you pop dirty, they cant do shit cause its the same as if you pop dirty for any other prescription drugs.

5. Both I guess. Right now I'm trying to work it out of my system so I can pass the initial one for hire. But everywhere I've applied to so far has stated that they have pre-employment drug tests as well as post-employment. The post one is whats keeping me from smoking.

6. Restaurant jobs really don't drug test?? I haven't applied at any restaurant jobs. Just clothes stores.. music stores.. things like that.

7. Restaurant jobs couldnt give a damn if you smoke.

They just wanna make that paper.

8. True unless youre working at a super upscale spot. Then SOME of them will, but the majority of them could give a fuck.

9. Post means after not during

10. What blows my mind is even the health food stores have drug tests. They are suppose to be all about natural herbs and medicines. The whole store should just sell weed. :D Thats to best natural medicine.

Thanks for the answers guys I will be applyin at some restaurant places tomorrow. Hopefully I get a job soon despite the economy. Thanks again GC.

11. So that means that they will drug test me if I quit??? :confused: Whaaaa?

12. no, it means that they will test you before they hire you and the for a short duration after your hired. after that your in the clear

13. #13 DeadRat, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    most places test once. If you fuck up a lot they might test you, but if youre good and do good work youll be fine. Its expensive for them to have to test you, fire you and hire someone else. Home Depot is the only big company i know for sure does monthly tests. I worked at Wendys, never even got a hiring test.

edit: side story. A friend of mine went to an interview at Peets Coffee and the first thing the manager said to him when she saw him was "Dont worry, we dont UA.".

14. Oh ok thats what I thought. Thanks. :)