Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im gonna feel REALLY awkward at home for a while

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenbliss, Jun 27, 2009.

1. #1 greenbliss, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
    Well I was talking to my uncle today, and he is totally cool with me smoking weed, but I was asking about something I was wondering about due to this, which some of you may have seen earlier: http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/415290-my-parents-slowly-figuring-out.html. Well as you can see from the link that thread (which attention mods please close so that the discussion will stay here) I was thinking my parents were close to finding out. Well I was wrong, they werent close, they already knew, and they have known already for about a month and a half. According to my uncle, my mom found something (she never said what it was, im guessing a lighter cuz i found it on the washing machine one day) in my pockets after already being suspicious for a while, called him to ask about it, and he told her everything. However, my parents havent really talked to me about it and have been exactly the same around me except for what is in the linked thread, though my mom has been talking alot about my friends who use drugs, several times per week, already making me feel awkward (is this because she wants to just admit it?). But Im gonna feel awkward now because they know my secret now, and my uncle said dont say anything if they havent because its best to just keep things going as they are and not make waves. Also, I gain nothing, because my uncle advised not to be blantant about now that im not hiding anything, so that Im not in their face (like smoking in the garage or in my room or whatever. Its gonna feel so wierd now being around them when I know they know Im doing something they arent exactly thrilled about, but they dont know I know they know, but letting them know I know they know (if you are too high to follow that come back when you are sober, lol:smoke:) I smoke weed would turn this into a big deal, which they are obviously trying to avoid by only saying a little, and not even telling me outright they found out. Even more awkward is that my mom is a nurse, so she is probably like "wtf he is doing this to his body (yes I know not that bad for health but she may not) why didnt I say more to him or whatever with my medical training" What should I do/how to deal with this for the 3 months until I go away for school?

2. Who gives a fuck? They already know, so the worst is over. Your parents don't seem to care about you smoking which makes your situation even easier. If I were you I'd just forget that they know and go on. there's nothing you can do to go back and prevent them from finding out. The damage is done, don't stress about it.:smoke:

3. If they haven't said anything just play dumb....duhh.
    -nugbuzzed:smoke:

4. I know I'll get negative rep for this.. But this is right up there on the pointless and stupid thread list.. oh and don't give me shit about this stupid pointless post because I don't give a fuck... lol

5. Feeling awkward? damn dude, grow up already. Sorry if that sounds rude but seriously.... talk to your parents. Break the ice and then at least you'll know where they stand on the issue. They didn't flip when they found out so they obviously won't when you finally talk to them.

You say that it's awkward for you but think of how they are feeling about it. Clearly they don't know how to approach you with the issue or they would have already. So man the fuck up and go talk to them. then at least they will gain back some respect for you because you came to them like an adult.