Im going to let my kids swear

Discussion in 'General' started by Mackerowenie, Aug 16, 2012.

1. They will eventually cuss anyway. So it's whatever at a certain point

2. [quote name='"ISnuff"']
    Children in Europe where they are extremely lax on drinking (kids can drink a glass of wine or a beer with a meal), by the time they reach HS or college age, tend to be MUCH more responsible with alcohol than HS or college age children in America, where it's restricted as hell. I figure the same concept would apply.[/quote]

America over does everything if we let kids drink it wouldnt end well we have no self control lol

3. Words take no affect to your immediate surroundings,for example if you say banana a banana won't just appear out of no where. so if words don't affect anything physically you should be able to say whatever you want, but society dictates that.(if it weren't for racism, ****** wouldn't be a bad word. But our society brought slaves into the new world, thus cause the creation of the word) :bongin: :bongin: :bongin:

4. Man I swear alot, growing up my parents never really told me not to swear. But whenever I would hear them swear, which was kinda often, they'd always say "excuse my language" or somethin like that afterwards. Never swore in front of them growin up though, and I still don't today. It always find kinda awkward for some reason.

5. Fuck bitch ass cunt dick shit mother fucker fucking bastard bullshit buttfucker cock cum hoe whore hell prick pussy damn fishsticks.....that is all.

6. i fucking will too, fuck.
    but i'm a lonely fuck so ill probably never fuckin have any little fucks of my fuckin own.

7. If you teach them no boundaries when they are young about cursing, it will ultimately cause problems for your child in school when he starts calling teachers bitches and tells them to fuck off, etc....

Kids of a certain age have no inner discerment about when NOT to use these...Youll be dealing with that...Good luck there...lol

8. every kid knows the words poop and stupid by the time they are in grade school, but do they go around calling teachers stupid and poop head? probably not. I think when taught to respect words kids will be more prone not to use them, or at least use them in the proper settings or contexts

i mean you probably shouldnt let them get cursing lessons from samuel l jackson or someone, lest they use them excessively, but if they know the words and understand the words proper usage, they will use it just like they would use any other word and wont say them excessively behind peoples back just because they are told not to

9. Yeah it's one thing to be cool with it when you're kid is like 16, but if you let a little 5 year old swear all the time he'll be cussing out all of his teachers and getting child services called on your ass.

10. [quote name='"NutsLikeKngKong"']Yeah it's one thing to be cool with it when you're kid is like 16, but if you let a little 5 year old swear all the time he'll be cussing out all of his teachers and getting child services called on your ass.[/quote]

I have enough confidence in my parenting skills to make sure my child would know not to use swear words to offend people.

The same concept applies to people who are taught to drink responsibly from a young age compared to the kids who are just told not to drink.
    The ones who are just told drinking is bad and and are told not to do it are way more likely to go out and binge drink, get blackout drunk and drown in their own vomit compared to the kids who have grown up being taught and allowed to use Alcohol responsibly. They just view it a completely different way. People don't seem to get that.

Why not pre-expose our children to things that they will eventually experience in the real world.

Would you rather teach and show your kids the proper way of consuming Alcohol or have some frat kid show him?

11. (Insert negative assertion about society and morale here).

12. Nothing personal, but you're going to be a terrible fucking parent.

13. Coming from a state where alcohol is a commonplace in nearly every household, learning to drink responsibly isn't something that will be learned unless the kid wants to learn it. I know many parents who thought explaining to their kids that alcohol isn't bad if consumed responsibly and in a safe environment was a good idea. I'd say 8 or 9 times out of ten, those are the kids who drank more irresponsibly because they essentially had the okay from their parents, so long as they weren't caught.

I'm not saying it won't work, I'm only giving anecdotal experience from where I live and the kids I grew up with. I'm 21 years old and drink more responsibly than anyone else I know. My parents told me not to drink and do drugs, but like most kids I experimented. However, my parents also taught my self control and to value proper judgement. That is the reason why I'm not doing keg stands and getting fucked up every weekend. I learned early on from experimenting that alcohol doesn't have to mean drunkenness. Explaining that to a kid though who hasn't gotten the opportunity to drink themselves stupid and experience the life that comes with such behavior is essentially useless. There are no repercussions or anything substantial driving that point into their head.

So I honestly think the best thing you can do with drugs and alcohol is to explain to kids that it's not essentially bad, but it's still not okay for them to indulge until they reach the proper age. Most won't listen, but that's where teaching good values and sound logic comes in. Teach them that, and even though they experiment, they'll probably be okay.

14. haha right on brother...i am going to let my son do whatever he wants as well. i dont beleave in putting a ceiling over him...the world is a nasty place, why should we hide that fact/reality from our children?

15. [quote name='"letsmokeasweet"']haha right on brother...i am going to let my son do whatever he wants as well. i dont beleave in putting a ceiling over him...the world is a nasty place, why should we hide that fact/reality from our children?[/quote]

Society views children as these sweet little innocent creatures. They aren't. That's why it weirds everyone to hear a child swear, they just aren't used to hearing it. They dont like viewing children doing "adult things" weather it's legitimately an adult thing or not. Drinking and smoking I can see ( children aren't developed and it's really not good for them ). Swearing? WHO gIVES A FUCK. It doesn't hurt ANYONE.

People are so obsessed with societal acceptance even when it doesn't make any sense. Sometimes you need to just step back and think about shit with a clear, open mind.