I'm going to get in shape

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by ILoveSpaghetti, Dec 8, 2010.

1. i just finished watching the newewst rocky balboa movie, and now i'm going to get into shape. i was literally crying during the fight scene, i'm not ashamed to say.

i made a thread a while back about getting in shape, but i didn't do any of the workouts. this time though i'm going to follow the plan and lose weight and get into shape, and hopefully build some muscle.

i plan on using the StrongLifts 5X5 program found here: StrongLifts 5x5: The Ultimate Strength and Muscle Program | StrongLifts.com

For cardiovascular fitness, I will use the Couch-to-5K program found here: Cool Running | The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan

To lose weight, I will cut back on snacks, and drink a big glass of water before every meal so that I don't eat as much. also, i will fight the mental state of mind that makes you eat when you're bored.

and of course, for inspiration, i've downloaded the rocky theme song :cool:

does anyone have any suggestions?

2. small portions, a lot of water, fruits and vegetables, dedication= you accomplishing your goal. good luck

3. sounds like you've got everything on schedule there, I'm on the same path just main thing is motivation motivation motivation

if in a week you're still willing to do all those things such as reducing food intake, eating healthier and getting off your butt and get your heart beat goin, you'll be golden

4. Stretch, drink water, stay motivated, realize no one in your gym gives a flying fuck what you do or how much weight you do, I'd recommend going on SS as opposed to Stronglifts, but there isn't much of a difference. And track calories using fitday or myplate.

5. What's SS?

6. Starting strength, a book written by Mark Rippetoe. You can find the pdf on torrent sites. He knows his shit and goes in extreme detail for teaching the compound lifts.

Also, try and get 8 hours of sleep a night.

7. Get a good pair of running shoes, get weightlifting gloves, follow proper technique always(slow controlled lift, getting maximum muscle work), take it easy on the ganj, drink plenty of water(gallon/day), avoid processed foods, get plenty of protein, fruits, vegetables, complex carbs, lean proteins(fish, chicken), avoid alcohol and soda. Get a jump rope(having fast feet is freaking sick), STICK WITH IT it takes a while to get into a lifting routine and once you do you'll be flying. Also, do not get frustrated whenever you are at a plateau hit me up if you want any conditioning/diet/lifting progs.

8. marksdailyapple.com

i lost a shitload of weight

9. Killers advice was good, except for this. Don't use glove, be a boss and you'll get some callouses on your hands.

10. I use mine for wrist support I've always had skinny ass wrists for some reason. My hands are calloused from working construction every summer and some people don't like that feeling on the hands.

11. eh, i somewhat agree, tho if your doing dumbell flat bench or something, once you start putting up 80+ on each side, you need the gloves for wrist support....with barbell bench tho, ive found i can go over 200+ and not need gloves but i tent to want a lifting belt in that case instead bc your lower back starts to tweak out

12. If your lower back hurts while benching you might wanna check your form brochacho...

13. Yeah when I bench I'm working my chest, nothing else. How do you work your lower back when your benching :confused:

14. My advice would be to have fortitude. Its not about right now and today, its about tomorrow and next week and next month. Just be persistent.

15. You must be doing it wrong too if it only works your chest...bench is a compound exercise. hits more than your chest. But if your back hurts...:confused:

16. Ok, well I feel it mostly around my chest... And I know I'm doing it right so was that comment even necessary? :confused:

17. Just trying to keep the spirit of insulting people's lifting form over the internet :)

18. :laughing: "johntm, am I doing this lift right??" :rolleyes:

19. Yeah I said I was gonna get in shape once.......then I turned on my xbox. :cool:

20. No you need to use your lower back more. When benching you primarily use your lower back and calves.