im going to get a cfl setup and have a ?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by green_smoke, Jul 3, 2010.

1. my setup will be:
    Feliz 200w Blue Fluorescent Grow Lamp, Feliz/200w Red fluorescent Grow lamp
    \t\t\t\t\t[​IMG] \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tGarden Bright Fluorescent Reflector
    i plan on having this sitting 6 inches above seedlings and clones im thinking about doing 18/12 photoperiods the grow space will be around 32 sq. in. to start im just not sure on these bulbs and reflector.... never used cfls before but wanna try it on this crop the seeds will be:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\tLowryder Easy Ryder AKA Lowryder #2 x AK47
    Kannabia Seeds- BCN Diesel
    Kannabia Seeds- La Blanca
    Kannabia Seeds- Mataro Blue
    im not to familiar on indoor growing, mostly outdoor but i figured with the exp. i got this shouldnt be too hard to handle but any advice that could be givin on my setup would help thanks

2. Do you plan on growing all of those seeds at once? If so, you will need more light. You want to shoot for at least 100 actual watts per plant.

Also, CFL's should be placed as close to your plants as possible without touching. 6 inches away will lead to stretching.

Never used the product before, but see nothing wrong with it. Light from CFL's have very little penetration ability, so you may want to get some individual CFL's (maybe some 23w which are suuuuuper cheap) for a bit of extra lighting along the sides of your plants. Grab some clamp lamps for this, they work really well for positioning your light exactly where you want it.