Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm going to a doctor this week

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kasuals, Jun 2, 2010.

1. #1 kasuals, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
    Let me give you a little history into my situation...

I was... not sure if it's unfortunately or fortunately 12 years ago at 19 in an massive car accident. I was driving my brother, sister and GF at the time to a friends house when we were struck by a 30ft motorhome doing 60.

*edit, forgot to mention if I wasn't there in my mothers minivan the children in the car on the other side of me would have been crushed into nothing. My minivan was literally turned into an elcamino.*

They were messed up... I was unbuckled. I felt zero g's as the minivan was lifted over 2 lanes of oncoming traffic (I can't begin to describe this accident... it's amazing) My back was fine at the time, everything was fine after aside from glass in my eyes and still a few pieces stuck in my chest which even after 12 years haven't risen to the surface. SO needless to say the ER let me go and took the rest of them into surgery.

Now I don't have alot of proof of "We tried giving him oxycontin for 3 years but it didn't work."

What I do have is 3 years of Chiropractic treatments 3 times a week and going into the ER on nights when I can't sleep because my scoliosis is driving me to kill myself.

I also have extensive clinical manic depression. The beauty of that is though, I believe suicide is for the weak. I can't bring myself to die, but sometimes I wish I wouldn't wake up.

I've been on every hardcore anti-depressant ever EVER and I mean fucking EVER offered. I used to have my blood drawn once a week at 11 y/o and EKG's once a week to make sure what they had me on didn't kill me.

Now... where I am today is this. My hands and feet and joints hurt from arthritis. I can't prove it, they want 1200 bucks just to do tests. I don't have a job... what I do have is a ton of pain, a ton of mental probs but weed fixes things. I get paranoid from time to time but nothing like my anxiety. My anxiety can force me to believe I'm going to die because the weather changed.

I do have the following: Proof back problems, proof of scoliosis, proof that pain meds don't work.

I was never stuck on a pain plan because growing up I rode dirtbikes and wrecked alot... was fed pills and told them I either get narcoleptic or the pain killer doesn't work I just get sick. Opiates don't work.

I'm going into a doctor this week... what can I do to show him that I need this? That this is my last hope... that my life isn't as cool as his and it does hurt whether there's a break or not?

I can't even walk up stairs in the morning without a few glasses of wine. I'm a 31 y/o male and damnit I've had it...

I live in Washington, so depression is out... will the last 8 years of pain from my scoliosis cut it?

What should I bring?

I know I should bring medical records/xrays. I have xrays proving scoliosis... but what else?

Will the fact that my father had to take care of me the last 2 years because I can't work construction help? Should I bring him? Will personal accounts of my problems the last 8 years help?

What can I do to make this happen? I dont' care about getting high, if I did I'd have taken them up on the Percocet and sold it to buy weed.

2. You should have more than enough to warrant a MMJ recommendation. I don't know how tough it is in WA, but you may wish to peruse the laws which are available in the sticky at the top of the forums.

Good luck!

3. tyvm, I will do that :)

4. Yeah your good man just bring any medical records you can get and your x-rays. Personal accounts don't fly, just doctor's opinions. Getting your records can take some time. If they ask you why you want them, just say,"for personal use". You'll need to give them a time frame like From________ to__________ so they know what records to copy. There is a charge for this, too. Then you take that info to a medical marijuana doctor who will charge you for the visit (it is not covered by insurance) and then you have to pay for a card.

So, are you in a MMJ state? Severe pain is usually covered in all states. It is up to you to let the MMJ doctor know you are in severe pain.

Here is the link to the sticky Wild Will was talking about:

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/55561-active-state-medical-marijuana-programs.html

I hope you find all of the info you need, also I hope you feel better.

Sammy