I'm going on 2 week vacation 10 days after I harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by McStrats, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Hi everyone!...like the title says, going on a 2 week vacation 10 days after I chop 3 Blue Dream plants. My plan is to dry everything and then freeze it. Has anyone tried this? or do you have an alternate method?

Unfortunately I planned everything poorly. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

2. I'm no expert, but maybe just leave them in jars to cure? I don't see why you have to freeze it

3. Isn't there still quite a bit of moisture at 10 days though?

4. Nah drying will be finished by then... I'd honestly just dry it a little extra dry just to make sure it's nice and dry throw a couple bovada humidity packs in with them and return to dank smoke...

Grow journal

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I guess my question is..will freezing dried bud damage it in any way?

6. I wouldnt freeze it. I would stick it in jars in a nice cool ,dry an dark place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Saying that yiu could seal it an stick it in fridge

8. I think boveda packs would be key
    Figure harvest 6 day dry, max, 4 days in jars when ya burp em leave the tops off for a bit longer than you normally would,
    Launch a couple boveda packs in on the last day and u should be more than safe.
    I know of people who freeze product, I would think that it would somehow affect the molecular make up I'll bet

Booms summer scrog series:)

Boom4200 winter spring SUMMER grow journal

• Like Like x 2
  9. I watched the Boveda video on youtube and I am sold. Great idea..thanks a bunch!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Do not freeze. Go 2 bovedas per quart jar, since there will be a good bit of moisture in the buds, and you won't be able to burp them. You'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sorry LedRoB82 I guess it didn't sink in at the time. Thanks for the great suggestion!

12. They really do work excellent. You were given good advice.
    J

13. There are mixed reviews on the boveda, I am a big fan, but some folks say they rob the flowers of terps, I personally have not seen that

Booms summer scrog series:)

Boom4200 winter spring SUMMER grow journal

14. Poppy cock. They simply regulate humidity in the air.

15. Eh people will believe anything though... I know some won't put them in the jars because they claim it gives the bud a chemical taste lol.

Grow journal

16. Lol. That's ridiculous. The packs contain water and salt. Some people amaze me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. It seems like the ticket for sure. I planned this grow badly and it went long due to a few unforced errors but I harvested one plant 6 days ago as it looed done. I have 7 in all. 3 Blue Dream, 2 WW BB and 2 Special Queen #1. I sampled the SP1 last night and it hit me like a sledgehammer. Nice taste too but a little harsh from being chopped 6 days ago. A nice cure with these Boveda packs and I should have something very nice meds.

Thanks again for the advice folks..

18. Got any pics of the special queen? I been growing her too... I'm flowering my second generation and vegging my third.

Grow journal

19. This was at 6-7 weeks in 12/12. The two Special Queen #1 plants are the short plants at the front of the pic. I made the mistake of doing the grow in my attic not realizing how hot it would become in June. Temps got up to 97F pretty quickly so I framed out a grow room in my garage and transferred everything. I still battled temps there too but not as bad as the attic. RH was up around 80 so I bought a 15 pint dehumidifier and put it outside the room by the air intake. They actually put out quite a bit of heat so putting it inside the room was out of the question. It did the trick and kept RH in the grow room at around 55-60. All 7 plants had some degree of heat stress but they hung in there and produced some huge colas. This was my 4th grow and definitely a huge learning experience.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1