I'm getting so sick of the assholes around here

Discussion in 'General' started by thelizardkin, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There is a paid section of GC called Nirvana. It is not indexed my search and not accessable by non-donating members. Most of us rarely venture to the lower boards anymore for many of the reasons OP outlined.

2. #42 SoulessStoner, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    I think it would help if we had a thread/other forum where we could go settle all the beef we have with other people. I think people hold shit back because they're afraid of getting an infraction/banned so they just let shit build up. In a perfect world nobody would get upset over the internet, but there's no denying that everyone one of us has been pissed off by something we've seen online at least once in our lives.

I also think handing out infractions for "disrespect" is ridiculous and does nothing to help matters. This isn't kindergarten. If you can't handle being called an asshole then this place, and the internet as a whole, is most likely not for you

Edit: Unless it's constant disrespect that derails threads and such. Fuck that shit.

3. We arent allowed to complain either so delete this thread or dont be surprised when its deleted for you.

4. Just ban the trolls

5. Op, all you can do is try to BE the change and be friendly. :D

6. Thats about as simple as killing the batman.

7. Maybe if members were allowed to collectively tell trolls to go fuck themselves more of them would stay away :confused:

8. lol a paid section

man the key concept is smoking good, not paying to chat

9. The paid forums here are worth their cyber weight in gold.. much more chill people and a close family knit feeling

10. I hope mods don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. I know you guys are seriously understaffed. I don't mean any of this to be disrespectful to them, I'm just saying I find some of what they have to do to be quite ridiculous.

11. Some forums use a probation period for new members...... 30 days/30 posts type of rule. You can still post, but it has to be 'approved' by a mod and you have limited ability in the forum initially. Do I think it's extreme and unfair? Absolutely. Would it work here? No....this community is enormous. But it DOES work in some online forums, to keep the trolls at bay. No matter how many accounts they create once their old ones are banned, they still have to start over in the probationary period.

I personally enjoy the occasional funny post, not everything has to be so serious on the internets. ;)

12. #52 ByePhilipe, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    I totally agree. It's cool to contribute to the site and get some sort of perk BUT, someone made a comment about never coming to the 'lower' threads. Like, what? What does lower mean?

Edit: to refrain from sounding like a bitch, I will say that I don't think there should be a distinction between paid and unpaid members. Not saying that people shouldnt acknowledge that there is a more positive environment in nirvana either.

13. [quote name='"trainunderwater"']

I totally agree. It's cool to contribute to the site and get some sort of perk BUT, someone made a comment about never coming to the 'lower' threads. Like, what? What does lower mean?[/quote]

Paid members can chat in threads non paid members cant see or search

14. Us common folk lol

15. I think a big reason GC has somewhat taken a nose dive aside from underage members, is a lack of trying to understand one another's points of view. If we took the time to discuss WHY we believe what we believe, instead of pointing fingers at who is "wrong or right", progress might be made.

No one is better than anyone. We're all on this earth to fulfill our own purpose, so why get frustrated when not believed? You hold the knowledge/wisdom you've obtained through life, and no one can take that away from an individual.

Of course, no one is perfect either. I struggle to maintain this humble mindset just as anyone would. But it's important to at least try seeing outside of ourselves, IMO it's really beneficial.

16. There is also a VIP section thst is above even the paid section where you have to be nominated to be a member.
    I don't mind $10 donation for a separate part of the forum. We are a much more tight knit group, and we can have disagreements without it turning into a shit storm oror flame fest.
    Also, $10 is really a minimal amount considering how much SJ had put into this place. I just like to pay it forward, I guess?

17. Gold meanz better:p

18. Bronze -$10
    Silver -$20
    Gold -$30

There are other perks to being a donating member, as well, but I am not familiar with them all.

19. you get discounts in the gc shop

can have bigger signature in the forum
    the access to other parts of the forum

few other things i cant remember

20. Gold members can have larger avi's too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.