Im fucking so angry right now about College courses, This makes NO SENSE

Discussion in 'General' started by yerp, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Right? Cause im really going to be using algebra when I am being forced to piss test kids. I don't want to, but if it's court ordered it's mandatory regardless if it is a cool probation officer.

2. Does that mean you're stupid or something? If you don't want to take required courses, drop out. :rolleyes:

3. Chill out bruhhh. Get a sense of humor. I use the term "Boss" as a joke, in my daily vocabulary. Im gonna get my shit done. Man, some people needa lighten upppp

4. This:smoke:

5. This is so full of irony, it hurts to look at it.

6. And yet you started the thread saying this:

I think YOU need to lighten up and realize that you're not special. In order to get what you want you have to do the same thing that EVERYONE ELSE has had to do. Gosh, what a concept.

I was an English major in college, did I want to take Math and Science Classes? Hell no. BUT I'll tell you this, the one, ONE, Math class I had to take (Finite Math, I tested into it) was really fantastic and I actually DO use some of the stuff I learned there in real life. For instance, probabilities - very useful in, oh let's say betting sports, or playing the lottery, or hell game playing in general.

My science classes were incredible (Human Ecology and Geology) and I learned a lot about both subjects. Granted I don't use Geology on a regular basis, but when I go somewhere with interesting geology I can appreciate it that much more.

Usually your GEs are one or two classes per subject, it's really not that much, and as I previously said, EVERYONE has to do it.

7. youre supposed to go and learn. and seeing how you are retarded at math thats why they want you to take math classes. If you cant see the reasoning in that youre pretty damn retarded

8. welcome to real life :wave:

9. I had two majors, philosophy and history. I graduated w/ 169 hours. The very last class that I took was a required math class. I hate math too. It'll be fine. College professors are better at teaching than high school teachers typically.

10. Let me join the welcome committee. Life is full of doing shit you don't want to do.

The good news is that when you're an adult no one can force you to do anything. The bad news is that there are always consequences.

11. You all just shit on me. Im just saying, math is specifically the most retarded course. At least English and Science you learn shit. Only numbers I need to know in my life is how to add, subtract, and the metric system.

12. you apparently didn't learn much in english if the only adjective you can use to describe your frustration is 'retarded'

math is probably one of the most fundamental subjects you can learn. english is just a creation; math is an explanation of the phenomena you go through in every day life.

13. No one is shitting on you, but you're acting like a child.

I don't want to do half the shit my boss makes me do, but do you think he would give a shit if I threw a tantrum over it? No, he'd fire my ass and hire someone else. That's life... no one fucking cares about the shit you don't want to do. Either do it, or not. It's your choice. The rest of us don't want to hear you whine about it.

14. You realize that "opening up a little psychiatrist thing" would require that you not only complete a Bachelor's degree but also four years of medical school, right?

15. If you're that bad at math, then a good step toward fixing that problem would be... well, you know... a math class.

It's not like you're going to be taking some super advanced math courses. It's nothing you can't figure out if you actually try, and maybe get some help along the way.

Maybe look into a tutor or something. :confused_2:

16. /thread

17. You're lucky. In my state we have a thing called the General Education system where they actually pair up all those shitty core classes in things called 'perspectives'. You have to do so much crazy random shit and take very specific classes that are in the same perspective in order to graduate. I have about 15 elective credits because shit I took didn't line up with other shit in the perspective. It's the stupidest system ever.

18. need to do em. not that big of a deal. man up and get over it.

19. Apparently not because this statement doesn't even make any sense.

:laughing: I absolutely refuse to believe that this kid has been accepted into any college.

20. I somewhat agree... Im a zoology major and theyre making me take core math classes... Im in science because I hate complicated math!!!! I get A's and B's in my chem and bio classes, and im basically failing the core math class. Its fucked. If I wanted to take math I would have went into a math field...

Not necessarily money takers though.. I mean they are anyway, but taking the few extra classes isnt costing you any more tuition... Maybe book costs.

Fuck well rounded individuals lol.... Your supposed to study a field of your interest so you can further your knowledge in it, not learn every damn thing there is to know.