Im fuckin tired of

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Michaelrdnr, Aug 23, 2009.

1. #1 Michaelrdnr, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2009
    this new 'Pussy, Money, Weed" culture. I mean, I like to listen to Lil Wayne and other various rappers but what they are promoting is fucking ridiculous.

"Fuck bitches, Get money"

Rap is influencing people to chase the paper and not the dream. It's also influencing the fuckin desecration of our society.

Im not talkin about all rap, but im sure you could see who im trying to point out here.

It's fuckin sad that people are submitting to money. Basically saying "Well, we can't do anything, let alone set an example, so lets just make a pestilent striving effort to get as much money as possible. LETS JUST FUCKIN SUBMIT AND BE SELFISH AND IGNORANT BASTARDS"

ALSO! Aside from the 'money' problem, both objective and subjective, all this 'dirt rap' is also influencing the fuckin disregard and ill treatment towards women, and alot of these younger girls love it! They aren't 'hoes', and they shouldn't be 'hoes'.

It's not all about pussy, and it shouldn't be. Fuck Women who have no respect for themselves and fuck all those guys who have no respect for women.

Last, but most likely not least, they are also influencing ill ideas upon our sacred herb. The general public and others will soon see that these 'dirt rappers' are potheads, but they are turning pot into a criminal act of rebbelion. "You smoke weed?! Oh your a criminal, that cockroach lil wayne smokes it. Oh, and he drinks fucking caugh syrup too, GATEWAY! GATEWAY! Only 'dirt rappers' and criminals smoke weed!"

2. "Ambition makes you look pretty ugly"

3. I actually had to stop listening to rap after awhile because of all of this. I love the artform, the idea of MCs over great beats and such, but the cash money hoes portion has just gotten way out of hand. You are right, it's materialism run amuck.

The sick part about it is most listeners don't realize what exactly they are supporting. It's all just a big up-up-up to capitalism, to greed, to sexism, to all this base-instinct stuff, and it all usually promotes the idea of "me getting mine instead of you getting yours".

Don't get me wrong, I used to DJ, to LOVE rap. I moved across the country to NYC just to live where it started in the US. You know, just fanatical! But it got into my head too much. I started to have some foulness reciting in my head, lyrics I heard that were just bad news, and it got to me. I don't want to be running around with Lil Wayne or Jay-Z posted co-pilot in my head.

I had to step way back from it, sold my turntables, started listening to lots more reggae. The positive vibes DEF help.

I just couldn't and can't defend it anymore, to myself or others. Rap just doesn't promote the values I find most helpful to me, so I can't let it rent space in my head anymore.
    :smoking::smoking:

4. Couldn't have said it any better. :)

I love rap as well, and I still listen to Lil wayne and such, but I can't and won't defend or promote his songs or lyrics in anyway, as you said.

5. Luckily, not all of us are preppy little 14 year olds who think that listening to a certain genre of music makes them 'cool' or 'hard'.

If you really are a legitimate gangster (not speaking from experience here) then you know it, and don't need to promote your self-image with shitty, over-produced music that makes my ears bleed.

Sigh . . .

6. Reminds me of all my piers who run around throwin up and reppin gang signs.

Self promoted crips n bloods. :mad:

7. Yes, it is corrupting our society, but then again what isn't?

8. Rap is my favorite music type but i dont defend it. like everything else its a matter of personal preference if you dont like it than dont listen to it i dont listen to music i dont like. but from what i know they are rapping about the persuit of money and getting money any way possible and survival in an extreamly poor and fucked up area. IF you have nothing you will get something by any means nessasary such as selling drugs, pimping, robing, what ever it dosent matter because money buys freedom to do what you wish.i think 50 cent said " they dont make things i cant buy"
    I wasent born into money and i dont have alot of money, i dont live in a good comunity but i dont live in the ghetto ither but my desire to have nice things and have the finical freedom to do what i please when i please is strong. im pretty sure if i had nothing my desire would be much greater.

i lost my train of thought because of interruptions quite a few times, so i dont know if this makes scence to anyone.i know what i want to say so it makess cence to me.

9. "Pussy, Money, Weed" maybe the new generations way of getting in touch with their roots.

Im not crazy about it, but.. boy does it sell.

Money Corrupts.

10. Damn, totally agree. :D I keep some old stuff playing but most of this new shit is just insane. How can I listen to music that goes totally against my values just because it has a good beat? You know who's great? Fort Minor. That's some real hip hop.

11. That is way I only listen to underground hip-hop and heavy metal :p. Lil Wayne is a bitch anyways hes like 5'2.

12. I totally feel you. I can hardly stand listening to the radio when every station is playing completely garbage. I don't think many current rappers realize how much influence they have on young kids listening to them.

If you haven't already, listen to Drake. He's a fantastic rapper, and his lyrics are from his heart.

"They be starin' at the money like it's unfamiliar. I get it, I live it, to me there's nothing greater. Just enough to solve your problems, too much will kill ya."

13. We are very a like colt, and you did say it the best, but I will add a quote I heard from Kat Williams I believe "There are two types of gangsters, the ones that know they're real gangsters, and the ones that are fake. If you're questioning yourself right now, you probably fall into the fake category".

Something to that effect. I'm tired of "famous" rappers propagating the reasons society gets downgraded and loses my respect for society as a whole. Unfortunately not to many people understand this. Go back and watch your MTV, enjoy your life, sir.

14. Drake was born rich, he can't really talk for this crowd. Also his BIG hit, You the best, or whatever the fuck it's called, it's not like there are TITS everywhere, SPILLING out of their "uniforms". Also if you listen to the full song, he slept with all of them lol. He is still propagating this bullshit. Go back to degrassi lmfao.

15. I can't believe no one has quoted on this yet. Has everyone already forgotten Ok Computer?

16. Are you from Vancouver or Canada? Cuz we got lots of those dudes over here in Vansterdam:mad:

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJVnFcrcdOE]YouTube - Star wars trance Song[/ame]

18. every culture has its own norms and values. its an opinion whether they are right or wrong. I dont listen to rap btw and agree with most of what has been said, but i think the road goes both ways

19. just another reflection of society... the sad truth.
    Musta been great when artists like the beatles were the reflection of society

20. Maybe you should try opening up your musical horizons a bit more and listen to other types of music other than rap and hip-hop. When you stay confined to any one particular artistic format, your world-view can become incredibly skewed.