Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im freaking out. Help!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nick1409, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ok i went to the doctors today for a check up and they wanna give me a blood test as part of the check up and i smoked sunday night, im not sure what to do or whats gonna happen.
    i know hemp contains small amounts of thc and sometimes when you eat poppy seed bagels that contain hemp you can get a false positive so would i be able to just say i had some poppy seed bagels?

2. Unless your being drug tested don't worry about it...

3. That's not how it works, poppy seed bagels give a false positive for opiates because opiates are derived from the poppy plant, hes probably just checking to make sure you don't have aids or anything, is the test for like something like a sports physical?

4. Don't worry about it man.. I've had blood drawn basically every checkup I;ve ever been to and never have they even mentioned weed, THC, drug tests, or anything like that. They're just trying to see if you're healthy most likely.

Also, I'm pretty sure if they are gonna test you for drugs, they have to let you know (I know they do if you're over 18). Not 100% positive on that part, maybe somebody else can clear it up.

I still think you have nothing to worry about man

5. If you're over 18, a doctor isn't going to drug test you without telling you. They also won't give you a drug test if you don't want it. They also can't release the results of the drug test to anyone unless you give them written permission for it be release to a specific person(s).

6. #6 nick1409, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    Thanks everyone i feel alot my releived now =]

And it is not for a sport its just a regular check up thing at the doctors

7. you're fine, dont sweat it.