I'm eating bugs.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bahookahjoe18, Oct 24, 2011.

1. I think those cicadas and pupae look pretty tasty. Im really not kidding, either. I'd rather batter n fry em, though.

That's how I had my grasshoppers.

2. Really miss this thread..... Was one of the greats when it was active ... :(

3. I mean i wouldnt in.my area just because of the fuck load.of pesticides used... But if i was lost in the woods id eat the shit out of bugs

4. I cant stress this enough:  DONT EAT RAW INSECTS!

Insects can host some very nasty parasites- nematodes, tapeworms, flukes, amongst other lovely critters.

You need to clean them, simply remove the head, and insert a stick (careful not to use a stick that came from a toxic plant!!) where the head was, then push it through until it passes through the anus, then pull the stick all the way through, this will remove the entrails.

Because grasshoppers are resistant to virtually all plant toxins, they're fond of toxic plants, which is why they MUST be cleaned!

In my front yard, we grow chrysanthemums, which are the source of pyrethrin, a potent insecticide, and grasshoppers love it.  be careful, and treat insects like any other raw foods.  

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bahoookahhhh!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weird but whatever you like

7. I can't revive this thread.  It was fun when it was a learning experience, but I'm working on converting to vegetarianism now.  

8. #549 rain dancer, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    Actually, something like 2 billion people on earth eat bugs every day as part of a sustained and healthy diet.

http://www.livescience.com/37816-eating-insects-helps-feed-hungry-world.html

9. Fuck that shit. Would rather starve to death!

10. I say fuck that shit until I'm starving to death. Then I'd gladly eat bugs to keep me alive :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  11. i eat bugs too.
     [​IMG]

but if you're worried about eating bugs in your sleep, wear pantyhose over your face.

12. What happened to em ?

Sent from my iPhone using Weed

13. can't wait till they add pot to grasshoppers

14. Nothing like a few joints and munching out of some fucking bugs in the back yard! Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. This disgusting and horrid thread reminded me of one time my friend gave me a box of crackers with bugs loaded inside.. it was so old but yeah i threw up and don't talk to him anymore.

16. Op should make thc infused bug food lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lol, if you think that's bad, you should see a granary some time.  A giant pile of grains on the ground being attacked by indian meal-moths, various tenebrionid beetles, mice, rats, birds.   And everything eating those grains poops.  So you're literally eating the feces of several animals at once when you enjoy those fruitloops :laughing:

• Like Like x 1