Im done with collecting glass

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by smokinbudzzz, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Since one of my pieces broke i decided to say to fuck collecting glass and just buy 1 good flower tube and 1 good scientific oil rig. Not too expensive so if i break it im not losing $1200+. Eventually every piece will break so i think im just going to sell what i do have for a very good price just to get rid of it and buy like a SG king stem line and call it a day.

2. Glass can be repaired was it a pillar? Pics help us help you... Sorry for your loss.

3. Aw damn sorry for your luck! :( I really love your glass collection and you have amazing taste!

At the end of the day that's the down-side to buying amazing heady glass. It's still glass, and glass breaks. Eventhough the money is already spent, it does feel almost like a waste of money when a piece breaks.

If you want to get rid of any ash catchers cheap, let me know. ;)

4. I PM'd first! :p

HC- it was the mouthpiece on his Steve Gelb oiler. Being in Canada, it probably wouldn't be cost effective to ship the pieces to a glassblower in the US, and then back again after getting it fixed.

5. I'm sure there are some Canadian glass blowers that could take care of that.

And damn you, I wanted first dibs :p

6. I feel glass is a waste of money. I mean sure if u have the cash go for it. But i cant see myself smoking out of a 3,000 dollar glass. Especially on a daily basis

7. Damn this is sad. You have a wonderful collection. I love it. I understand the one piece for flowers and erls thing. That is what I will do when I get to CO. I do have two bongs,( one being repaired) a chillum, a bubbler and two spoons. I definitely have enough but I can never stop looking at glass :( I think I will get a fairly pricey scientific flour piece and a fairly expensive oil rig but that will be it. B. Wilson slide for the flowers piece of course.

Which piece broke by the way?

8. hit me up on your smaller korey lol piece is dank!

9. Damn hopefully it wasn't the new rig from last week. Pm on any rigs your selling.

10. Is that the first piece you've broke or are you a serial glass killer?

11. Since everyone else missed his post:

Just take a break from the glass game for awhile man, you'll be back I imagine.

12. Easily fixable by the looks of it! Hit up the ME glass gallery in Canada...they should be able to hook it up.....

13. lol wat. this is what i see:
    "oh no! a small accident happened, so now I'm going to entirely give up something i enjoy so it doesn't happen again"

Dude; come on. No all of your pieces will not break, this is a learning experience that'll only make you mor careful

14. Lol i have to keep that small korey rig. The things just too sick. Im willing to sell

Zach P oil rig with swing
    hitman mini e-perc tube
    2 worked pakoh slides
    2 heady bubblers

Going to keep the toro ashcatcher to put on my new SG tube. Everything im selling besides the ashcatcher and small worked korey rig.

15. I'm going to get 1 or 2 scientific tubes 1 scientific oil rig and 1 heady rig and 1 or 2 heady tubes.

I have a sov stemline for the first scientific and i have a AGO oil tube so now i get to just wait until the right ones strike me. I'm too afraid to collect alot.

but i know how ya feel.

16. I'm interested in the bubblers. PM me with details plz

17. #17 norml56, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Wow that didn't last long. You went from spending a 1000$ almost weekly to selling everything.

I feel the pain tho. I just broke the mouth piece on my recycler yesterday. Not going to spend the money to fix it or replace it tho. Figure I won't be smoking long enough to justify spending more money on glass.

18. I will always smoke on a daily everyday but im kinda scared to invest that much money to have it break and be worth nothing. I love smoking weed and i will never stop but glass collecting is awesome but when you break a piece worth $500+ it makes it seem like every piece you own is going to get dirty and break eventually unless you never smoke out of it. Might as well get something solely scientific and if it breaks it not a big deal. Heady pieces are awesome to look at and to smoke out of but damn when or if that shit breaks it's devastating.

19. 100% agree. Even when I got a cheap functional piece for like 150 I'm deathly afraid of breaking it. Can't imagine owning a 1000+ dollar piece and seeing it break into a bunch of pieces.

20. To be honest if a SG king stemline breaks on me i wouldn't be that concerned because its only $300 and i could replace it anytime. Now if a heady fucking piece breaks number 1 its going to be hard for me to fix since i live in Canada, number 2 its very fucking expensive, and number 3 its going to be hard to replace since its a one of a kind piece. Half of me wants to say fuck it and collect but the other half says a solid flower tube and a solid oil rig non heady would be the way to go.