Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm curious what a cop would say to this.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by flyawayj, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Let's say you get busted with a pound of bud.
    When asked why you have the bud, I wonder what a cop would respond with if you said something along these lines.

For the purpose of the story just assume you actually have terminal cancer, lol.

"I'm sorry, Officer. I was on my way home to break it down and extract medicinal hemp oil to cure my cancer, they say it's terminal."

I am seeing multiple ways this could play out in my mind, if this actually interests anyone, i'll go on.:smoking:

2. The cop would confiscate your bud and you'd go to jail, depending on the laws of your state of course.

3. end thread.

4. There have just been many such cases in the past. People growing weed for personal, cancer treatment use and they still end up going to prison when the fuzz finds out.

5. He would likely express some kind of sympathy for your condition whether or not it was sincere.
    I would imagine at very least your marijuana would be confiscated if you are in an area it's illegal to use medicinally, if you weren't placed under arrest.
    I imagine in a medical state your identification and card would need to be produced.

Also, you'd probably lose some self worth making a claim like this to protect your recreational habit.

6. Well i highly doubt cops think weed has any cancer curing value so they'd prob think your some stupid pothead be more pissed and put you in jail. and they'd think thats the most stupidest excuse ever im not saying all cops think weed doesnt cure cancer but i assume most do.

7. the cop would laugh take your weed and arrest you. :( sad day

8. #8 whiteice15, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    you would go to jail and then they would deal with the cancer accordingly.

9. Having cancer is a better arguement for the jury, the cop doesn't care.