I'm calling out George Lucas

Discussion in 'Movies' started by pocket biscuits, Feb 12, 2012.

1. To give everyone who saw Epsisode 1 "3D" their ticket money back. What 3D?

The credits were seriously the only thing that really popped off the screen. Don't even start with that "check with your theater" shit...

I was naive thinking that one of these movie redos would have been properly converted into a 3D film. I also saw the wretched 3D version of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Both of the previously mentioned movies were just scams to get people to see old movies in the theaters again.

As I'm sure many knew without having to see, old movies turned into 3D suck and don't deserve to be watched imho. 3D movies are best when they are made into 3D at the time of recording.

See Santa Clause vs. The Snowman in 3D. Maybe not the best plot, but the best 3D I've seen so far.

2. #2 tharedhead, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
    I'd recommend Rottweiler in 3-D but only because my wife is in it (as a corpse)
    The 3-D is terrible.

[​IMG]

3. thats awsome. was it like a 3 second shot? how much did she get paid?
    :smoke:

4. so its a bad flick, then?

5. $250 but that went to union fees. She had to let a dog lick peanut butter off her leg. And not breathe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd4bKgFystQ]Side by Side - Keanu Reeves - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

"The whole 3D phenomena, its a marketing scheme isn't it?"

6. might be right, yeah you're right.

7. yea people make such a big deal out of 3-d but im not a fan realy the main problem i have is 3-d glasses or any glasses for that matter make my nose feel weird and theres no way i could keep them on for an hour and a half plus its just an old gimmick from the 50's that everyone evidently forgot about they decided to bring it back and now its all the rage

edit: your wife musta been in some kinda weird movie to be a corpse that has peanut butter licked off her leg by a dog

8. :laughing:

i wana see this clip! how many trys did it take her? and shit 250 thats not bad at all

9. The fault with this really lies with people who think that any film converted to 3d rather than shot in 3d is going to look good. Seriously. Use your brains.

10. 3D is fucking horrible its not at all worth the extra price

11. 3d sucks, doesn't make the movie better and hurts my eyes.

12. I think 3d movies are awesome, assuming they were FILMED that way.

You need 2 lens acting like 2 eyes recording the way we do.

Original star wars was recorded using single lens camera.

Der??

13. #13 deadhead4-2-0, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
    3-d or not im still excited to see the 3 good star wars movies on the big screen if the fad of 3-d lasts that long, thats what 4 years away before i can see new hope on the big screen

14. Lol at anyone even paying $10 to see a movie, aside from those trying to get some poon.
    I feel no remorse for those caught by this foolish scheme.
    All movies can be found online for free if you reallllllllly want to see it.

Waste of money and time.
    3D is 100% retarded 99% of the time.

15. ive heard from my non glasses wearing friends that the best part of 3d movies is watching the frustration of those who wear glasses.

16. You paid to see The Phantom Menace?

The movie should've been George Lucas pointing and laughing at you for the entire 2 hours.

17. your friends are assholes. :rolleyes:

18. As someone who wears glasses AND has been to a 3d movie only to find that it is impossible to enjoy, I find that pleasantly funny.

:smoke:

19. yeah its actually pretty funny lol.

plus i know if i didnt wear glasses id do the same so its all cool lol

20. You wanna call someone out? Call out Jim Cameron. He openly slates 3D conversion, but this year he's re-releasing Titanic in 3D to cash in on the Centenary of the death of hundreds of people? bad enough he made billions off that piece of shit once... and more to the point is on Film4, channel 5, Sky and Virgin Media whenever you fucking want >.>

In addition: James Cameron and George Lucas are BFFs... so i guess you could fuck em both up in one go. Do it for the greater good.