I'm buying a house in a few days. Got my life back on track.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Fadetoblack, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeah dude set aside $500 for a grow setup

seriously man save alot of $ instead of buying weed.

2. Dame dude nice. I would guess its a lucky man that can take a stroll in he woods and find a near free house that the world\'s forgotten about. If you run into any other houses give me a ring.

3. Dude, your about an hour from me and about the same age haha

We should chill sometime

4. I\'m definately thinking you should grow some plants outdoors, in your forest :smoking:

haha sounds chill though man

good luck suping it up and what not!

5. My buddy and I went to Home depot today. We got 1.2 miles. Yes Miles, of PVC piping. He ran a cable and electric wires all through the PVC and then called up the electric company to meet him at the end of the driveway to hook the rest up for us. It\'s awesome because we took down the main source of power for right now, No power is running in the house, it will be up and working tomorrow mid afternoon. The PVC costed me 2,300$

We also got a new door, well 7 of them. Replaced the doors and frames on everything. We tossed in a new sink, and going for the bathtub and toilet tomorrow. But my friend needs to do some plumbing. We called the oil company and they are going to start drilling for a septic tank, and well next Monday. And they are putting in a 80 gallon water heater, and 350 gallon oil tank to heat the house up. That is going to run me 22,000$ for everything.

Then we called Sears, they are hooking up AC, cost is 4,000$ on that bad boy. But were going to hold off until May 5th for that.

We got new windows also, but are going to wait to put them in. It\'s nuts! Because one of the windows I purchased is a 10\' wide by 5\' tall bay window thats going in the back of the house overlooking the back yard.

Thursday my friends are starting on the porch. There is going to be one small one outside the master bedroom, one out in back, half screened in, half open. And a small one in the front of the house.

They bad thing is, I now have the flu also :( So shit is hellish to get done. Got a temp of 102.

So far, the total cost of everything has been:
    43,000$ for the land
    7,300$ in taxes (Fuck Mass)
    2,300$ PVC
    700$ wires
    over 9,000$ spent at Home Depot on windows, doors, locks, lighting, toilets, bathtubs, sinks.
    A 3,400$ purchase at best buy of a new stove, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dish washer because I\'m lazy.
    2,000$ on dry walling/insulation
    5,500$ on spare wood for decks/rapiers
    5$ can of rat poison to kill the mutant spiders. And It didn\'t even kill all of them!

Funny story today:
    My friend is down in the basement collecting the dead corpses of the spiders and rats, because I payed him 100$ and he said he wasn\'t scared. Well of a sudden I hear a giant scream from down below me, I start to laugh, then all of a sudden 3 nails come busting through the floor. I run down to see what the fuck is up, and my friend has a nail gun and just killed 2 fucking GIANT spiders. We got a pic of the fucking things, We also took the biggest corpse and measured it out and weighted it. Spider was 9 oz\'s, and 6.3 inches long WITHOUT the legs measured. The legs were like 8 inches I think. Fucking FREAKY SHIT! We also found a half eaten rat down there, I\'m guessing the mutant spiders were hungry or something. I havn\'t slept there a night until I know all of them are dead, GOD DAMN! A spider that big crawling on me while I sleep, fucking shit man.

6. Let\'s see the pictures of the spider!!!!

(Oh and of the house too)

7. wow man, i\'m really happy for you especially after all that stuff with your dad. good luck with fixing up the house:hello:

8. Haha, yeah get some pics up. I\'m interested in seeing this place.

9. Karma works in mysterious ways.

I gave my friend Kevin my acc/pass for GC. I told him to come onto this forum and upload some of the pics his girlfriend took. He said he would try to get around to it, and if not he would just give me the card tomorrow to put in my laptop. I\'m fully showered and off to my new house for a long day of work :( I feel better from the flu. So atleast that won\'t slow me down.

And I hope by Friday I can move all the rest of the electronics into the house. We kept the U-Haul until the job is done, and moved most of the shit back out into it because of all the work were doing. We just tossed it in there for the party.

Blaze a bowl for me Grass City! I\'m off to work on the house.

10. Eight legged freaks are a no-no in mi casa! :eek:

11. WOW WOW WOW! Great to hear your doing so well man. Sounds like quite the project you\'ve taken up, but you seem to have your head wrapped around it pretty well and I know you\'ll turn that place into a palace! Really excited to see the pics of the place and those creepy crawlers yikes!

And please for the love of God grow. Grow grow grow. It will be one of the first investments I make after securing my own place with enough space to do it right.

12. My birthday is coming up, and my friend went out and they all pitched in to get supplies to finish the basement. We got more dry wall and shit. Were also going to all buy a pool table, a sound system, and carpet/couches/chairs. ect.

13. wow man, wow. Im happy for you

PICS PICS PICS

14. This is the only pic i have at the moment :( I took it with my cell of my friend Kevin sitting on my roof this afternoon after smoking a blunt.

15. Man i am so happy for you!!!

Sounds like you got your life around and perfectly! Karma is def on your side dude.

Good luck and hope everything goes wonderful till you die of old age :)

-Burned Haze

16. Nice find FadeToBlack.... man your lucky with the house, and the large amount of $$$ your gettin for inheritance, that your gettin a tat shop with. But you deserve it all man, your a cool dude, and you seem to take a lot of crap. All of this is god saying sorry man.

GOOD LUCK

17. Awesome Awesome.

A little confused though.

10 acres of land + run down 20 yo cabin = 150,000 $$

3200x10= 32,000.

Thats one expensive cabin. I\'m hoping you meant more lik 50,000.

Closing costs shouldn\'t really be over 5k.

18. I bought 12 acers of land at 3,200$ an acer. All the land costed me 43,000$ with taxes and shit.

Then I had to buy a new water heater, oil tank, septic system, and well. That ran me 22,000$

Redoing the inside of the house so far has costed me 13,000$ and the outside is going to cost me about 20,000$

The electric work costed me 5,000$ so far.

The total I spent is like 100,000$ But i\'m not done yet. I still have some loans to pay off with the bank after borrowing tons of money, and my bonds payed for the land.

We still have to buy new furniture and shit for inside, along with building walkways, cementing the driveway, building a inground pool in the back yard, making trails around the land for 4 wheeling/snow mobiling. Along with electric work outside.

To show what kind of a dick my dad is:
    yesturday i wanted to do something nice for my mom, so I went over to their house and changed the porch for the spring time. I took down the glass windows on our deck and put up screen ones, along with moving the tables and chairs to how she sets it up for the spring. Well at about 7pm I get a phonecall, it\'s from my dad, I\'m thinking it\'s odd, and so I picked up. he started to flip out, he was telling me he called the police for trespassing on their property, and that i put the screens on backwards. What a total dick, I do something NICE so my mom doesn\'t have to, and he calls the cops on me. Well at 7:30pm the police come to my new house. They were asking me what I was doing, I told them I was his son and he was just being a dick. The cops laughed and said everything was fine, then asked who\'s house this was. when i told them it was mine they were shocked that an 18 year old owned his own house. I gave them a tour and played a little prank on them with the mutant spiders. I texted my friend Ian and told him that when I went inside with them, to take the dead spider and put it ontop of their car. Well he did one better and put it IN the car. the cops came back and said goodbye to us, then as he went to his car he noticed a giant spider sitting on the dash and FREAKED out. He said \'nice prank\" and tossed the corpse at me and left. I love fuckin\' with cops. They saw my hookah also, and asked what that was, I told them tobacco was smoked out of it.

19. dude you gotta post some pics!!

That shit sounds cool ase hell.

Good luck with all the contructions, man. It\'ll deffinatly be worth it for ya lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.