Im beginner grower...i also have a few questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1mn3w, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Hi im new to growing and i have a few questions that i hope can be answered. Ok question numero uno,
    Can i grow weed with only CFL bulbs? If so what do you recommend? Question 2, Is it really necessary to buy all those nutrients and stuff?(i mean if it grows in the ground wildly already do i you really need to buy nutrients?) Can i use regular potting soil? Last question, Is there any way to control how tall my weed plant gets? If im low on space can i keep it at one foot or two feet or even six inches? Im new so bear with me...Love all feedback no matter how critical(i want to learn as mch as possible)(have been searching and doing research for couple days now but want some actual feedback)

2. You're going to get a better yield and quality if you put more money into your grow. You really get what you pay for.

3. thank you for the feedback. Im new to growing so i want to do something simple then work my way up to more advanced techniques. So right now i want it to be as easy and as cheap for my first grow. 

4. #4 M3DICIN3MAN420, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
    Like the other guy said, you get what you put into it. Yeah you can use CFL the whole time but I suggest Amazon and get a 150 watt HPS. Nutrients are necessary because the plant will eventually use up what's already in the soil. You can top dress it where you put now soil on top and water so the nutes in the new soil will drain into the root mass.Yeah you can keep them short and bushy by topping them and using LST.CFLs don't produce nearly as nice of buds as HID lights by the way.

5. Thanks for the help you guys i really appreciate it.

6. Hey this is my first grow too when you get started u should take pics id like to see how you do

7. For sure

8. Save up some money, spend time reading this site books etc. Cover all your needs. Air water light smell.

Plants triple in size when flowered.

You have access to clones?

9. So you want to do it cheaply??? Well my man, besides what i had on hand, my grow cost me about $75-$80 in equiptment. Click on the link and judge for yourself. ;)

Take a peek--- http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1221460-Cfl-Box-Grow,-Round-#2#entry18148508