I'm Back!!!! From Buckets to Tent

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by grow4um, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Hello to my Grass City Crew. It's been a while but after my success with my first grow I've upgraded my set-up and I am starting another. Big thanks to the best community out there for helping me the first time around. Since I am a little more savvy now, I hope I can help some other noobs with their set-ups.
    Of course, I am not a regular grower yet, so I am sure I will need some help too!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Here is a picture of my set-up. I welcome any and all pointers. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Well here’s my first issue already !
    Pulled out my pH meter and calibrated it with 4.0 and 7.01 solution. No issues. Had it dialed in perfectly. Never stored it in the 4.0 solution, I'd normally just rinse with distilled water, shake it dry and put it away.

But since I'm trying to be more cautious this time around I thought I'd what the solution said and store the meter while submerged in pH 4.0 solution. Woke up this morning to take a reading on a new tank of water and it's off the charts. Reads pH of 13-15, never holds steady and turning the calibration screw does nothing.

What did I do wrong here? Do I just buy another one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. And here's issue number two:
    First ph'd water with mutes this morning. Less than 10 hours later the plant getting the most direct light is getting yellow tips. The others look ok but they're 10 days out of soil and they're not taking off like I hoped they would. I had a problem with the seedlings really stretched out so when I moved them into the final medium I put them in pretty deep.
    Details:
    250w LED
    Coco and perlite medium
    Fed 250ppm mutes today for the first time
    Blueberry strain