I'm at one of those points in my life (Amsterdammers please read)

Discussion in 'General' started by light green, Jan 12, 2010.

1. where I need to leave.

I need to get out of this god forsaken city.

I hate almost everybody I know. Everyone is fake. I want to go back to Amsterdam, I want to get a shit job, to pay for a shit apartment. I HATE AMERICA.

I hate Americans. I hate almost everybody I've ever met. Everyone is Two-Faced, and more concerned with themselves than anything else.

So now, to the point of this thread.

I was born in Amsterdam, I am now an American citizen. I want to move back.

Can someone let me in on the economy there? Is it as shitty as it is here? is it possible to get a garbage job, if I go there? How much is average rent there, for say a 2 bedroom apartment?

I really don't care what I do, I want honest work, in an honest place.

2. theres gonna be piece of shit humans wherever you go man, in every country.

i guess holland is prob better cause more people are laid back.. but theres probably still fuckheads there

3. well what job do you have now? could you not get the same job in the dam?

4. no shit there will be shit heads there, but the point of going halfway across the world is to start fresh.

there's nothing here for me. at all. and i'm not happy with my life. i need to leave, and europe is where i need to be.

i've had the plan to go to oregon for a few years, but lately i've been losing the ambition to do it, and i quite frankly need to get out of america. i do not agree with anything that our country does, and all of our rights that have been in place for 230 years are being stripped away daily. our government doesn't listen, and all i want is a beautiful place where i can start fresh, and see the world easier. amsterdam is a good place. weed tolerant, and i can take a train anywhere in europe. i've pretty much made up my mind that i'm going to start grinding and making some serious paper so i can leave.

i just want to know how amsterdam's job scene is and how much i have to spend to live, on average. and what the average salary is, for even just a total shit job.

clyde frog, the job i have now is lets just say frowned upon.

5. ok i got you. i just had a look and you can get a one bedroom apt. in amsterdam for about 500 euros which is 717.78 dollars.

6. i'm more concerned with the actual job market. is it like here, where you have to grind hard as hell to find a job or is their economy a little more sound than it is here.

7. i'm not from amsterdam so i wouldn't know. i can imagine it is easier than the US though. i found this site - Undutchables: undutchables.nl it might help.

8. I hope maybe someone who lives there can shed some light on how it really is for me.

9. surprises me that there are few dutch people on here.

10. lol this sites based in amsterdam.. there is quite the handful, just wait for them..wait..for..the flood....:devious:

11. i can't wait for the flood. that's what i was hoping would happen at first!

12. haha.

and dude, i know exactly how you feel. i doubt i could get into a dam. dont you need to be approved? if you were never a citizen. im headin for canada man, either that or cali. thats the closet thing. just need to find some mountains and little cabin.

13. i was born there, and i lived there til i was three. so i mean. idk. i just want to gtfo out of this shit country.

14. amen..(no religon) (like no homo)

15. i hear ya, man. i hear ya.

16. i feel the same way. once i get completely fed up, once i get pushed a bit further and i'm gonna skip this country and surround myself in a different culture. instead of amsterdam, my destination would ideally be one of the islands in the caribbean. get a job up there at a resort and kick it in paradise every day. :cool:

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCjG_2ZBlM0]YouTube - Same All Over[/ame]

lol

18. i've lived in the states my whole life man, never even been outta the country, and honestly i hate a shitload of the people here too. i wish i knew a place where everyone wasnt so fucking annoying

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqijCeN2a3k&feature=PlayList&p=81B5CC946ABF1EB3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4]YouTube - everclear, 'summerland'[/ame]

haha I think I'm just gonna post music to reply to people instead of writing sentences from now on. haha

but, ya.....I know what ya mean, op. I also get tired of the same people and predictability..... eventually the urge to wander becomes quite strong.

20. I pretty much agree with all the things you said about America. I'm less extreme, though.