I'm ashamed to call myself an "American."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thirdworldarmy, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Yea, and?

I guess I agree with this inane series of rhetorical/sarcastic jargon.

Go back, we were comparing two state economies so in that context the budgets and deficits are important. I wasn't talking about measurements in the economic sense, but in the comparative sense.

And did you know that GDP includes state spending? How can you value an economy on GDP and not take into account the deficits used to create that growth?

2. You call what you've done here arguing? And here I thought it was a willful display of meaningless drivel.

3. and thus, you dont gauge the strength of an economy by it?

i dont really know how else to say it. im neither an economics nor english major. im a finance major.

actually someone said something about how the actions of obama's administration mitigated a much harsher economic downturn.

excuse me, "arguing" was a poor word choice.

what i meant was educating, and it's obvious that's not what you want.

4. Because I think your economic understanding is craptastic I'm now not interested in education? Did you dislocate a shoulder reaching for that one?

I further my understanding of economics by reading about it, watching videos on it, listening to audio files of it every single day, as I have been for quite some time now--and I don't do it for the grades; since you're so concerned about my economic education.

I wonder if you are as concerned with your own economic education?

Clearly you have some catching up to do. Here you go, you can start here. When you're done with that one, I have plenty more for you to read.

5. Wrong. It just means you shouldn't judge the strength of TODAY's economy by it.

Unless you're suggesting that California has had a miraculous turnaround in employment that we have yet to see?

Cool labels bro, too bad they don't mean anything. I'm a scientist bachelor like batman, and have already graduated with a degree in economics.

FoxRacing was comparing the economies of California and West Virginia, that's when I mentioned employment and state bankruptcy as better indicators of economic performance than emissions standards.

You then jumped down my throat over semantics.

And nobody said Obama's actions mitigated a much harsher downturn, but what would be argued is that his actions will cause a much harsher downturn, or at the very least prolong the suffering. He's repeating FDR's policies of the Great Depression, which were huge failures seeing as that depression endured for 15 years and didn't ever get around to solving the problems it set out to.

Please. :rolleyes:

6. LOL! murray rothbard hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

7. which is what you just did?

you have an amazing talent at taking things out of context.

obviously not what shade was talking about when he made the bizaro comment:

oh so you're saying the central bank didn't withdraw monetary support just as the economy was recovering during the great depression?

:poke:

8. Don't help him Obi-wan Kenobi, he has no hope. :smoking:

9. ROFL murray rothbard LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

10. I rest my case.

11. No, technically I was comparing the unemployment rate taken in January.

I don't think much has changed since that one.

likewise, my good man. :tip_hat:

The statement "at least he didn't let the economy explode into the abyss" is extremely short sighted and ignorant. By assuming trillions in liabilities and printing money to pay off banksters he only temporarily averted the market correction that was trying to take place.

Obama doesn't see past November 2nd, 2012.

I don't know what you're referring to, but I'm saying that the bout of interventionism known as the New Deal was an absolute failure... just as the recent bailouts will be. Ever heard of the parable of the broken window?

The force can have a strong influence on the weak minded. ;)

12. you must not know what a lagging indicator is.

it means employment levels NOW reflects economic conditions EARLIER.

that statement was 100% true, the correction that was taking place would have been an economic abyss. if you think the us economy or financial system could have taken the failure of another big financial institution failing after lehman then i dont really know why im talking to you.

what prolonged the great depression was the fact that the central bank tightened monetary policy and took away the crutch that the economy needed in order to expand. this is why interest rates have been kept low.

13. no offense... but you're fucking retarded.

14. Turn that frown upside down, here... go play with your Bernanke doll.

[​IMG]

15. #95 plip, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    oh noes neg rep??!?!??!!!

ur e-peen0r is so epic!!!!111

maybe i could be as cool as you if i continuously sucked ron paul's wrinkly cock.

16. er... thanks? :confused:

17. lol umad?

18. No. Should I be? I find it rather difficult to get angry at children; it's just not in my nature.

19. oh god how adult-like of you.

please call me more names over the internet mr. maturity.

20. while you're at it, give me more neg rep to demonstrate that you're not angry.