I'm An Asshole

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CharO0ne, Oct 8, 2010.

1. If you believe that nothing you post in a forum has any value than why are you posting in a forum. Seems sort of contradictory to me.

As for the OP. I'm like you in more ways than I like to admit. I'm antisocial and prefer avoiding large groups of people when possible. I rarely speak, especially in large groups and therefore I keep my mouth shut and some people take that for hostility. I only have one or two 'true' friends and I have the discerning ability to see shallow and opportunistic people for who they are; people who hang around only because of weed or alcohol.

In some ways the drug culture has made me more 'antisocial' because I can see when people are trying to use me. 'Friends' that I've had since long before I started smoking are now just users who start every conversation with 'do you have bud?' I am just becoming more introverted because I don't want to be around these people and If I am around them I am just likely to confront them on their insincerity.

2. Way to ignore what I really said, lol I said that there was no intrinsic value, meaning nothing is meant to be "essential" it's all for entertainment purposes, really. But whatever, contradiction isn't the worst possible thing. We're all our fair share of ambivalent.

3. As for Moonrat, I don't know what her problem is. If a thread doesn't interest you, ignore it. But to be a rude ass and post nothing of substance in a thread where someone is simply reaching out to other people is ignorant. As if every thread on GC has value :rolleyes:

Anyways, maybe I should have revamped this thread. I don't actually think I'm an asshole, I really am saying that other people may see me as such. I consider myself to be very honest and I don't lie to people when asked for advice, or asked about things in general, and a lot of people just like to hear good versus honesty. I also have a realistic view of the world, in other words, I see it for what it is, which is why I have a hard time finding people who understand me and my views on life. I'm not negative, but it is what it is. I feel exactly like you for the most part. I, in a way, choose to be less social. Not that I don't like people, it's just I have a hard time with being sociable. When I want to make friends, and the time comes to do it, I just have this "Eh, I don't feel like being bothered" attitude that just comes outta nowhere. Oh well, I'm not gonna dwell on it, that's just me.

4. I'm the same way, though some people like me for it. I don't like to beat around the bush with people, I'm the type that if you ask me a question, I'll give you the real truth.

Reflecting on this many times with mary, I've realized I've built a cold exterior to cover my wounds inside. I'm often detached from people, which gives me an anxiety when I'm in a social setting. I'm content with who I am, because I am a sole believer in "love me or hate me, there's no in between" and quite frankly I don't care what people think.

Stay up though, there are many like us, you aren't alone.

5. I'm also like the TC. You just gotta find people that want what you provide.

6. I can relate to a lot of ur post OP...it sounds crazy but I think I'm becoming sociopathic minus the part of lying to people to take advantage of them. I just think that internally tho, no one I kno would ever tell me that lol. You may think ur an asshole now but in a few years u may be completely different; the mind and emotions are crazy things and always change. I atleast kno I'm a completely different person that I was like 5 years ago. Sorry for rambling :smoking:

7. Your not the only one. I fell like this post pretty much described me, except the part about hanging out with one person exclusivly. I used to be like this but....idk. maybe im changing. I have found my group of friends that i fit in with, and you probably haven't yet. But yea i have to been told be many people, friends included that i am negative, or pessimistic. And I also identify as a realist. I tell people what I think, not what they want to hear. I have people who hate me because of it but i won't apologize for who I am

8. Feel your pain.

Highschool was hell, I would go to class and sit and talk to maybe one or 2 people rarely in a class. But so many of my classes had no one i wanted to talk to, or i just like to keep to myself and be an introvert.

"Why are you so quiet?"
    "It's always the quiet kids that are serial killers"
    "He's arrogant, he's too good for us to talk"

Shit like that really pisses me off. Why is it a cliche that quiet kids are automatically serial killers?

9. Because the quiet kids don't partake in talking about the latest episode of Jersey Shore, so obviously they kill animals in their spare time.

But really, I was the same way, though it wasn't hell. In each of my classes I'd talk to a handful, and some days I'd say nothing. Highschool is a game of fit in and don't stand out, though I refused to play that game. I never got shit for it personally, but I've seen kids get picked on for being different.

10. That doesnt make you an asshole it just shows that you have social anxiety

11. Nailed it. I was always the kid that got picked on, but i acted/pretended like i wasn't. Shit, i was getting picked on and used by "friends" and didn't realize it until junior year. :eek:

I always thought it was something i did that was really dumb/embarrasing that i did while under the influence of alcohol or weed. And they would just never let me live that down.

Paranoia or Reality... I'd say both.

12. Maybe you have an avoiding personality disorder.:confused_2: