i'm an alcohlic.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by detailed one, Jun 5, 2012.

1. I finally clued in, I drink, so much....Grasscity community I'm a drunk...ever since oct.12 the:mad: day i got cheated on I drank and smoked, did various drugs hard ones still drinkin takes over..I'll buy ounces and etc nothing changes pleeease help!
    Rehab is for the weak please help.

I'll literally spend 1,000s just to be happy and kick it, im over that cunt happy and still drink.:mad:
    drinking doesnt do shit for me..no tip no drip just huggin my toilet...

2. dude smoke a joint and relax....put the bottle down and brush your teeth and wash your face.....or go to AA

3. Sip on that cranberry juice, not shitting you. Smoke some j's and whatnot and get a hobby, like growing. Wayyyy more fun than brewing man, I give you my word.

4. Rehab is not for the weak. Saying that rehab is for the weak and doing nothing to change your current situation is for the weak. :p

If you really feel like you can't put down the bottle without some serious help, then there is nothing wrong with bettering yourself through a rehabilitation program.

5. Be a man and go through the withdrawal, it'll be worth it when it's over.

My uncle was an alcoholic for like 20 years, and the withdrawal he went through in my basement was fucking insane. Like he was withdrawing from heroin. Hmmm, maybe he was.

6. My hobbie is biking. I dirtjump/dh I quitted dirtbiking...Drinkin is a horrible thing underestimated it...fml

7. I believe you can do anything if you put your mind to it, my parents even believe pot is safer
    Enterin AA scares me

8. If you feel like you can quit on your own, then more power to you and I wish you the best of luck.

But never be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

9. Can someone explain to me why people like to drink? Honestly. Because I just don't understand why'd u pick up a bottle when you can pick up a bowl.

And OP. As others have said, Rehab is not for the weak. It helps alot of people in your situation

10. Drunk/high are two very different feelings. Asking why someone would pick up a bottle when they could pick up a bowl is like asking why someone would eat a banana when they can eat an orange instead. :p

I like being high, being high is fun. I like being drunk, being drunk is fun too. All things in moderation. :cool:

11. Maybe just go on a camping trip with some
    Homies for a couple weeks until your alcoholism is cut down and just maybe try some
    Unmentionables if you need a fix. Or just have some massive willpower to stay away from and booze

12. dont give up!

13. Dirtbiking has too much importance in my life to be ruined by drinking.

14. Coming from an alcoholic,,, Booze WILL cut your life short. If you really want to quit, take it day by day and if you need help dont be afraid to seek it. You dont wanna die young do you?

15. #15 DreamLurkin, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    An alcoholic, can admit to having a problem, but they neglect getting the help needed.
    I think you should be fine, you've noticed its getting out-of-hand now face it. You could go cold turkey or just drank moderately when youre out with friends or for an occassion. Never drink to mask youre emotions, because you will eventually become very dependent on it. You know all that jazz, just be strong man.

16. As someone who kicked a heroin habit, I suggest avoiding twelve step programs and get some real therapy from a licensed therapist.

Also, you just gotta do it. Rehab won't make you quit, AA won't, the therapist won't. You just have to deal with the shitty feelings and stop drinking.

Alcohol withdrawal can kill. If you are physically addicted, check with a doctor or check into a detox before quitting completely.

17. So is alcoholism. Get some help dude. Knowing you have the problem may be the first step to recovery, but doesn't mean shit if it doesn't result in some action on your part to correct the problem. Good luck bro. I got sober; if I can do it, anybody can.

18. Most people drink for recreation. I prefer smoking, but getting drunk is pretty fun. Some people get too fond of it though, they may turn to the bottle when feeling stressed or for some 'liquid courage'. Soon enough they need it to feel good and whenever life is hard on them, they will turn to the drink and drink away the pain...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PANWkHTT8]Mobb deep feat Q tip- drink away the pain - YouTube[/ame]

19. ^^ that reminds me of the south park episode, where one of them was only happy when drunk, the sun shined ect, but when they were sober and hung over, everything looked like shit and sounded like farts (literally).

Personally i have been drinking occasionally since i was 13, and reallly hard around 18. I stopped it tho cause i hate the feeling afterwards. Those fun 2 hours are not worth the hang over and toilet hugging for the next day. Moderation is key folks. Thats why i prefer smoking over drinking. Smoke a joint and cost. Become clear headed and care free for the day.

carefree (from smoking) > depression (from drinking)

20. Arrrrrg...bought more beers i'm burying my ID....far far away, grow a dope garden build a DH course.

Should just start glass collecting again.