Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm addicted..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GillyTHEkid, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Nicotine
    Benzo
    Alcohol
    Heroin
    Crack

All of the above in order are the worst addictions to have weed does not compare to any of these if I had to compare weed addiction to something it would be fast food, its a bit of a bummer stopping but no big deal in the end.

2. #42 KushFanDango, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    I can somewhat relate to the OP, I too thought I was somewhat addicted to cannabis. I sold a couple pair of shoes at one point so I can acquire money for weed. Thats all that ran through my head a lot was just "man I got to get high" or "Damn, i'm bored got to go get high!" Took some time to realize, but eventually I started noticing it's not the weed that i'm addicted to its the lack of certain things in life is what got me to think this way.

I was never good with girls, but I met a girl took her to the movies and hung out with her a lot and even got into a new sport (surfing). During this whole time weed was barley even being thought of in my head. I mean i'll think about it but it was no where near as bad. Something that small was enough for me to think more positively in a general term of life it self.

It's not the weed is addictive, people just disregard the other beautiful fun things in life as well. Just go out man meet a girl, get into a sport or something and I assure you weed won't have such an effect on you.

Theres more to life then weed so don't make your life revolve around it. I understand all the media and rappers portray weed as something so awesome, divine and people treat it as a pinnacle of greatness. What people forget is, it's just weed dude, a plant. Nothing more, stop being fooled by all the stupidity in the world.

Go out and live your life man.

3. #43 0226bamboozled, Jul 25, 2012
    Your source is so biased and untrue its not even funny. I found lots of stuff that caught my eye, these are just a few:

- "is not addictive, physically or psychologically; i.e. does not induce physical or psychological dependence""

- Cannabis "stimulates mental powers," "creates energy," "alleviates fatigue," is "refreshing and stimulating," "creates the capacity for hard work and the ability to concentrate," "sharpens the wits," and "sharpens the memory."

Back in high school they taught us that .org sites aren't usually the most credible sources ;)

I see you posting a lot of stuff thinking you know it all but I think you know much less than you'd like to believe.

The fact is you can get addicted to marijuana. Here's a CREDIBLE source for you to read http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1360-0443.1999.94913114.x/abstract

4. #44 GreenCrackYUM, Jul 25, 2012
    If you cannot stop smoking marijuana, and you call yourself addicted, you are a weak minded individual.

Addiction isn't a choice? That is quite laughable. Are you a former addict yourself? The reason I ask that is because most former addicts tell me that very same thing.

My post that you challenged was only referencing marijuana and how only weak minded individuals can become "addicted" to it. Nothing else other than marijuana.