i'm adam. i'm new here :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mist3rpeeperz, Oct 21, 2008.

1. i'm turning 20 in a few days, i've been smoking cannabis around 4 years :smoke: , and my preferred smoking method is glass.
    i love glass. i only smoked blunts up until i bought a diffused downstem :hello: , and i recently, upon reseearch, bought a single-tree perc blue dot. i love 'olympus' but because you shouldn't clean your glass in a shower, i dropped it, and all of the arms on the perc broke off, but luckily the waterpipe itself is in one piece, icecatcher and all. i won't shell out the money for a really nice piece, say roor or illadelph, for about a year or so, so i figure now's the time to learn about glass.
    i have pretty much decided on getting dome perc(s) next time around. i really don't mind a little extra drag upon pulling to prevent a mishap like my previous. i have only smoked out of tree percs before, and i don't know of any other kinds. are there any other kinds of percolators besides tree/dome?
    and is it just me, or does smoking through a perc/diffusion get you waaaaay higher? i understand more bubbles means more surface area for thc to bind to, but is it actually a noticeable difference? note: i would like to consider myself a conisseur when it comes to smoking cannabis :)
    also, does a dome perc create noticeable drag when you pull a hit? upon talking to the head shop guy, he convinced me to get a tree, but it broke too easily and i won't have another easily broken glass.
    and finally, i had a 14mm diffused ashcatcher, but when it broke, i found no difference in the smoke quality. therefore, i came to the conclusion that additional diffusing. i can remember only smoking from single-perc devices, so i don't have any concept of how effective additional percolators are. for example, in a local shop, i saw a quadruple-perc and talked to the owner about it. he told me that, really, it was for show.
    now, next time i shell out grande mula for a roor, i want it to get the most thc to my lungs as possible, while also providing an extremely smooth hit, and, at the same time, not dirtying my bong by using an ashcatcher.
    the question really is, from experience, do you notice any difference between smoking a single-perc device compared to a multi-perc device?
    and, what other add-ons can i put on my bong that will increase total thc moving? (ex. diffusion, diffused ashcatcher, inline diffuser, ext. perc (?), and carbon filters)

blaze on, all.
    lord knows i have :)

2. Nice intro... welcome adam!!!

Post some pics if you got em