I'm about to harvest my first plant; did I do my research correctly?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ieatbabies, Nov 30, 2011.

1. My plant is at 61 days now in flowering and i'm pretty sure she's done, (i'm going by: hairs are mostly brown and going into the buds, trichs are all cloudy and some amber, and all the fan leaves on the plant are turning yellow.)

My plan: Im gonna cut out large holes in a large card bored box with strings in them to hang the buds while they dry in a cool dark place. then into jars for curing.

Main questions : does it REALLY matter when I harvest? ( when the lights are off, right before they turn on, etc)
    cause I've read some about 36 hours of darkness and stuff like that but I really think they're done and I wanna dry them already xD (it's my first full grow you guys can understand how exciting this is for me, right?)

2. I like to give the plants 48 hours darkness but it's really a personal preference as there isn't too much evidence supporting this theory helps at all. You should try and at least harvest before lights on though. Congrats on the grow!

3. Yeah, I JUST saw more amber trichromes, I think i'll harvest tomorrow right before the lights turn on! Thanks for your opinion, much appreciated.

4. I kept the lights off for white widow 1 week and it made a noticeable difference. It says to do the extended darkness with white widow though. You may want to give it a try and see if you notice any differences. There is really only one way to really find out.
    Just make sure you do a nice cure and it will be perfect. Enjoy

5. I wouldn't be able to notice the difference, first grow.. maybe leave one plant in darkness and harvest the other? what do you think?