Im a terrible grower what to do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cold Play, Feb 26, 2012.

1. So I didn't want to burn my plants, I had been giving it wayy too low strength nutes and now it has a nitrogen deficiency and leaves are dieing.

I posted a thread showing pictures.

I transplanted the plant into a 5 gallon bucket (it was in a 1 gallon container).

I accidentally watered with incorrect PH water because I forgot to check cause I am an idiot and the runoff was 5.6.
    What should I do? I don't have enough DE-chlorinated water to flush it.
    Should I water it tommorow with good PH water? How much water should I give it. If I give it alot of water will it flush away nutrients? Should I give it more?

I am so disappointed in myself right now. I think I messed up this plant. I invested $1000 in a setup. I should of known, I honestly fail at everything I do in life. How the fuck should I of expected to grow a plant properly.

2. firstly take it easy on yourself, nobody is perfect at anything when they first start out.

i am to a beginner so my advice might not be correct but i'll try, i would flush with water about 6.8-7.0 ph and check the run off again, from what i've read you don't want to add nutrients unless your ph is proper, 6.3-7.0, or if your like me and have to have everything as perfect as possible then 6.5-6.8, because the plant won't be able to take the nutrients in.

so step 1: get some purified type water if possible (RO,Distilled) and adjust the ph with ph up/down(pet store) to about 6.8-7.0 and check runoff until you get it within 6.3-7.0

step 2: resume with half dose of nutrients, or more or less depending on what kind of nutes you have and how big your plant is

the other problem could be with your type of soil what kind is it?

3. wow, I just read through the last 3 weeks of your threads... has nobody told you to add lime to your soil? Or are you and not telling us, lol... I saw in your sick plants thread that you're chasing ph already.

Looks like you're using quality dirt, but I consider lime a necessity, as in, I just can't grow without it. You definitely shouldn't be having problems like that at 3-4 weeks in those containers.

You just transplanted into 5 gal buckets? I'd water them with a ¼cup of lime in a gallon of water, then *add a layer of soil over that to keep it from drying out and not working* I mix it into my soil a month before using it so it breaks down a bit, but it will still help.

my opinion, it's all ph related, and lime is the answer to ph problems.

4. Switch to hydro . Soil grows require much better skills to run than hydro (at least DWC and RDWC....) . But hydro will require daily attention and obviously be more expensive to run, but plants will develop faster and it is easier to correct mistakes in hydro than in soil...

5. Don't be so discouraged. Anyone with enough dedication can become a great grower!

I messed up my first grow so bad that it's amazing to me that I produced any smokable weed at all. Just think through your problems and try solutions. If they don't work try something else. Eventually you will have enough experience to no longer make serious mistakes. Just keep it up.

6. Grow organic...less headache, better smoke at end of day..

7. hey cold play, lighten up my man im a noob in wk 10 of my 1st ever grow and have messed up as well. haste makes waste, an old addage i kinda go along with. slo down and relax.....aah..check the fukin ph!!

8. #8 Doc-J, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    Dont freak out. If parts of the plant are still green, it can pull through.

Dont flush it right away. Let your soil dry out as normal. Then water with correct ph water. Be carefull not to panic, over correcting kills more than small mistakes. What soil are you using? If it is good soil, I would wait a week then feed. If it is regular cheap soil, I might consider starting at 1/8 or 1/4 strength. Your plant can draw nutes from the new soil and correct the n defficiency if your using like ffof or other premium soils.

You need to enter this more positively. Plants die, shit happens. As long as we learn for next time we have improved.

9. Stop grown

10. Be easy on yourself!!! The best teacher is experience which your getting win or lose. You still gained something from what you have been doing so far and that means you win.

I was in the Marines for a while. Believe or not we had overweight Marines, out of shape ones. I used to run the remedial body control program for them aka run your ass into skinnyness again and get you physically stronger. I used to tell those Marines none of you have failed, none of you are losers your only Marines who need improvement.

11. honestly I can't help without pics but yeah I do hear that lime is the answer to any and all PH issue's

@rhapsody: oh god, how I ironic..I hated the delayed entry program, I couldn't move most of my body without fatigue burning till at least the 3rd week in haha

12. Remember: a mistake is just a learning opportunity in disguise. Even if you don't get all the way to harvest you are gaining valuable experience. One of the reasons experienced growers are successful is that they have found a setup that works and stick to it, but even experienced growers can take a while to get a new setup "dialed in." You'll get it....

13. Think about it this way...if people who thought they were bad at sex the first few times gave it up, we wouldn't survive as a race :smoke:.

14. But don't take me sirius man, just keep tring, becuz if I can do it on my first try trust me man, anyone can

15. [quote name='"RO76"']Switch to hydro . Soil grows require much better skills to run than hydro (at least DWC and RDWC....) . But hydro will require daily attention and obviously be more expensive to run, but plants will develop faster and it is easier to correct mistakes in hydro than in soil...[/quote]

Hydro is way harder than soil. If he can't get the right ph water for soil what do u think that would do to root balls sitting in it. An like u said every day attention. Soil I just water once every 3rd day an that is it. Hydro does grow alot faster than soil though.