i'm a social person...with no friends

Discussion in 'General' started by weed_smoke, Oct 25, 2009.

1. dont mean to rant and depress all u guys lol... but i guess i just wanna vent because this has been bugging me alot for quite a while now.

So in highschool i had a lot of friends, went out on weekends partying and what not. then when we all graduated all my friends went away to university (most went to vancouver island, about a 5 or 6 hour trip from here). i didnt do well in high school, so i went to a continuing education place to upgrade my marks and get into university. this took a year. now i'm attending a local university (couldn't go out of town for unrelated reasons). by the way, i'm a first year, 18 yrs old. anyways, i made a couple friends at the continuing ed place they were mostly troubed kids who got kicked out of every other high school and they were kind of annoying to boot. i'm now 8 weeks into my first year at college and i have a few friends, but nobody im close enough to or like enough to call up and chill with on the weekend. i pretty much have one buddy that i kick it and blaze with from high school on a regular basis. but he usually just chills with his gf friday and saturday nights.

basically the part that makes me feel like a fucking loser with no friends, is that i havnt gone out on a friday or saturday night in a long while. i probably go out drinking/partying once every month or 2...usually 2. and it usually turns out wack. only time i really enjoy myself on weekends is when one of my friends who is gone for school comes back and we can chill. other than that i dont get any chances to go out and have fun. i just spend my weekends at home...sometimes going out to chill/blaze in the daytime with that buddy i mentioned earlier. oh and i guess there is one other dude i can chill with, but he never has good shit to do at night either and lives sorta far from me. not to mention the girl situation...horrible. even if/when i meet a girl at school and we get alonng...wtf am i supposed to do, invite her to come out on the weekend? well i got nothing to invite her to lol

oh and my university doesnt have a campus which also limits my options

anyways i dont really know why im posting this. mostly just to vent..also hoping i'll get some magical advice but that probably won't happen

if you read, thanks for reading. :wave:

2. and there isn't anybody in your classes that you wouldn't mind hanging out with a few times?
    do you work? pretty easy to make some friends to chill with at work too.

3. ever go to any bars?

4. yeah i guess there are a couple ppl in my classes, but i kind of feel awkward calling ppl up who ive never called before to chill...i guess i just dont feel comfortable putting myself out there with the chance that theyre thinking "shit i like him and all, but kind of random of him to call me" kinda thing...i dno. i should probably add that despite my social personality and friendliness i have really low self confidence

and im looking for a job right now, pretty tough to get hired lately though

5. well im 18. i guess i could get a fake i.d and hit them up but i dno about going to a bar by myself lol

6. i feel you. same thing with me kinda. not as bad but i used to hang with a lot more ppl

7. If you're interested in getting raped, you can always try craigslist.

8. hahahhah yeah..not so much

9. you really need to try to put yourself out there by calling someone at least once. or, ask for their email in case you miss class and need to know what was discussed/assigned. just be chill and friendly. :cool: :)

and, i was unemployed for almost six months, it sucked. sorry you're in that situation. :(

10. yeah i really should...and the worst part is i know damn well they'd be down to chill but im a pussy. thanks for the help tho :)

11. whats the worst thing that can happen?i mean u dont even see them anymore so either a. youl chill or b. they willnt want to and you willnt see them. but u dont see them anyways..see were im going with this

12. what do u mean but i dont see them anymore? u talking about the ppl in my classes? because i would see them...in my classes

13. #13 smoke2joints96, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
    Part of becoming an adult is learning how to entertain yourself. You sound like some kid who just wants to hang out with his friends all day. No disrespect, it's fun chilling with people now and then but I have shit to get done, and I put that before hanging out. There's so much more productive things you could be doing.

Take your disadvantages and turn them into your strengths. You'll make new friends eventually, i promise. But use this time alone to better yourself.

Sorry it's kind of hard for me to relate. I'm an introverted person in general.

14. wait im confussed. your saying you have classes together?

15. How did you pull all of that out of your bum? He just wants to hang out with people....I'm sure he gets his kicks out of masturbation and playing with rocks and sticks just like everybudy else, but damn. :smoking:

It's pretty windy outside, I better wear my JACKET!

16. I don't know what you do in your free time, but it doesn't sound very eventful.

I left highschool when I was 16 and got my highschool diploma when i was 17 by a home school system.
    There was periods when I didn't have any one to hangout with as well, but I knew complaining would'nt do anything about it. I knew I would make new friends eventually so I didn't give a fuck. The only thing you can do now is to tought it out, find some new hobbies, and try and make new friends at your job or school.

17. #17 Lucien Lachance, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
    Find out about a party at class. Go to said party. Make friends. Get numbers. Repeat.

Socializing is so easy it shouldn't even be a concern. "Hey, what are you doing this weekend?" "Oh, nothing much. Probably gonna drop by Julian's party." "Oh yeah? Where's that at? I've got nothing going on." etc.

18. i'm all for alone time...nothing like chillin at home with ur own thoughts and no distractions. and a joint... but, man, 2 yrs of alone time isnt exactly balance. i never complain about this stuff....not including right now hah

true...but if u just met that person 5 mins ago u look like kind of a tag along going to said party

19. dude im in like the exact same situation as you are. i moved to chicago to go to a community college and i don't have any friends here or know anybody really so ive been spending my nights by myself...but i do still have friends in the burbs which helps

20. yeah its pretty lame, i feel like a loser when ppl ask me what my plans for the weekend are haha....uhh i dno...takin it easy