Im a NOOB!!! First grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WayzDaJedi, May 9, 2011.

1. Ok well you know I'm a NOOB! This is my first grow here are my specs. I'll be growing from seed the strain is Jack Herer and an unkown strain I scored them from a guerilla grower I'll be growing using the DWC and drip method the seeds have germinated and have been placed in a medium of rockwool and hydraton at the moment I have them under a 4 4' CFL bulbs I have a dual ballast MH/HPS 400w so here are my questions I kno pH should be around the 6.5 mark is that before or after nutes and when is a good time to place the babies under the MH lamp as I said before I'm a noob this is my first grow I'm not growing for quality or quality I'm grow to see if it's something I can do! Also I live in a country that looks down on cultivation if this is successful I'd like Oder quality beans from a source online could you recommend a stand up company that is discrete and fast thank I'll be posting pics on this thread regularly asking for tips and help all criticism is welcome shit I don't care as long as it's a means to an end so blow one for me and thank you!!

2. Hey, the ph at 6.5 should be good for all stages especially if your not going for every crazy detail. I would say use the MH lamp for the veg stage and the HPS for the flowering stage as the HPS tends to give plumper denser buds. Especially over CFL. Hope this helps.

3. Thank you sir!!

4. Or ma'am lol!

5. So here they are took forever to germ but they did have a problem with keeping the pH down I guess the tap water in my area is lime heavy so tomorrow I gott go out n grab distilled water "no sodium" I hope this doesn't stunt growth!! :( but coloration looks good!! 2nd week of seedling nutrient strength when should I up the dosage? To the growth strength?

Attached Files:

6. Ok haven't posted in a week or so but here we go these "ladies" took off the jack herer shot up like a weed (pun intended) I believe I stretched her so I lowered the lights the kush on the other hand stayed short n stout I love indicas!! I took the first set of pics on the 26 about 5 days ago! The second set was on the 29th two days ago I kno that the kush pic is blurry but it's my babies!! And oh Yea I switched my light cycle to an 18/6 ph has not been a problem since I switched over to distilled wAter has run constant around 5.8-6.0 since the switch for tap! I'm using a 1/3 strength nute solution they're not as green as my buddy growing in soil but there healthy the jack does have some nute burn on the first set of true leave but no problems as of yet! :crosses fingers:

Ok pics jill (jack herer) is the fist kush strain is the second! Tell what you think do far! I know someones out there!!

Attached Files:

7. Ok side view jack for the side and kush I will be updating from now on. on a daily basis! And also I started my DWC so I'll defiantly be interested in the amount of growth when I get home from work!!

Attached Files:

8. The only one here so I'll just keep going till someone decides to jump in on all the fun!!
    Crazy growth again since my last update water has stayed in the 5.5-6.0 ph level really considering getting a ppm or EC meter to know how much mutes I'm running thru! This week has been pretty warm but the ladies have shown there resilience ( hopefully they are ladies)!!! Been looking for pre flowers may possibly have 1 plant wit pistils Iono!! Got to get s loupe to make sure pic time!!here they go help a NOOB out!!!

Attached Files:

9. You are growing hydro right? If so instead if PH 6.5 shouldn't it be 5.8??

10. Yea I've read to keep it in between 5.5-6.1 range for optimum nute consumption so I try to keep it there I was having a problem with lime in my tap water so I switched to distilled no sodium water and now there is really no major fluctuations in my pH and since the change the plants have took off!!

11. Hey WayzDaJedi, If your growing Jack Herer you starting with excellent quality.
    Cheers & GL,
    bruce

12. 1BadBruce thank you my friend! I hope all goes well too! Have you grown jack before?!

13. I seriously need to do something the heat is killin my babies!!

14. Man i have a buddy that just moved up here from LA and has been growing for about 15-20 years. He said that the perfect ph is 5.8. its a perfect as it can get it also controls your soil too so it does not get crazy. also if you can collect any rain water if you can it is the absolute best. i water my plants with distilled. and then do the testing because there is no contaminants and you can get the water at WALY world for a couple bucks for 2.5 gal. good for 3-4 watering. I am very new to growing but i have been doing the dew for many years. check a couple of my threads and i will have alot more posted soonif you go major heat look on craigslist and invest in a small swamp cooler or ac unit. good ones for like 50-75$ what i did is check it every 3 hours and spray ice water in front of the fan wind. cools very quick. work the work
    Happy gorwing
    Elote'

15. Thanks for the advice grow never thought about misting my girls!

16. Roots look white as new snow the jack is definitely the alpha of the 2 she has really taken off the kush is coming along tho but it doesnt look like the leaves are indica strain very narrow and long is there a kush that's a saliva pheno?! Oh well!!

Looks like I gotta bug problem I think but it may be the heat that's drying my girls out! Think it maybe time to switch up there grow location I had an area for flowering that's cooler I may just have to split it in half and veg and flower in the same area!

Attached Files:

17. Had one male he has been eradicated!! The female (kush) has been mothered and I just took my first set if clones using a bubble Cloner and some Olivia's I'll let you kno in 7-10 days!!

18. My one plant in 2nd week of harvest I grew it straight thru no fim/crop should have it's streching like crazy had to tie it down with some twine lol!

Attached Files:

19. looks great man. sorry you lost the jack herer. thats some good stuff. and i think most, if not all, hybrids do have some sort of sativa dominant phenotype. also, for future reference, most people hold off on nutes until they plants are about 3 weeks old. and its perfectly fine to start them under the mh/hps light you have. if heat is a problem invest in some fans to circulate the air and keep them cool. the heat is not really the issue though. think about it. people grow in mexico and shit all the time and temps get over 100 in the summer. its mainly humidity and lack of wind that harms them the most. hope everything works out great and you get some quality bud off of the plant:)