im a new grower and i need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by metrosomething, Nov 27, 2006.

1. hey everyone

since everybody in the seems cool...i deeply need help
    i tired of buying my bud.......and everyone who sells it live too far away

first im not to sure which type of seeds im going to buy?
    i would like some haze
    in new york they call it purple haze....not to sure if thats the real name
    or anything else that would be great
    thinking about 18-25 seeds
    thinking about ordering from nirvana
    anyone has suggestions on what seeds for this first time grower?

Also im planning of growing it my closet its 9 feet high ---8 feet wide---3 ft deep

Thinking about using a fish tank 30 gallon

I know i need light

which lights should i get?

wanted to grow in soil ( heard scot is the best )

I wanted to know
    what other equipment should i get ? meter , books anything

i will start a journal when i get them

2. The first tip that I'll give you will be one of the most important tips to growing......READ. Read around the internet, books, old Grass City posts, the stickies in all the forums, etc.....There is tons of information about growing that will help you with problems before you encounter them, and save you money in the long run.

As for seeds go I reccomend looking in the seed bank section of this forum and look into Dr. Chronic. He has the best prices and shipping methods that I have encountered so far.

I'd look into getting a 400 watt hps light for that closet. You should have nice yields, aithout putting out rediculous amounts of heat. HPS is the best all around kind of light but maybe a MH conversion bulb for vegging. (You'll know what HPS and MH stand for when you read up some.)

I'd rethink the fish tank idea as well for a couple reasons. First off your plants won't really want to share the space with others, they'd be better off in their own containers. Square pots give you the most volume per area, which means more plants in a smaller space. Also if you use a fishtank, then light will get to the roots of the plants, which you do not want.

Soil is best for starting out, but I don't know if Scott is the best. I'm using it right now for my plants, and it is working great. Just make sure there are no time release fertilizers in the soil. If there is it could very possibly kill your plants when they're young.

Hopefully this helps a bit, I tried to touch in on what I could, but the girls calling for me so I need to run. Remember.....read, read, read.....

Good luck man.