Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I'm a little... confused?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TenAlt011, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Just recently, (saturday actually) I smoked regs for the first time. My dealer said they were really good regs so I thought they wouldn't be too bad, and at first weren't. (mind you I've been smoking about twice a month since I first started in july, mostly because I can't afford it on a college budget :( also the only thing I had ever smoked before this was medium to medium high mids) Anyway, my friend and I split about a quarter sized (just the size of a quarter, lol) bud into the bowl, and after about 4 hits I was feeling pretty good. and hour or so later we did about the same amount and got 6 hits each out of it, and so far everything is going really well. I decided to drive home and that's when things started getting... annoying to say the least. I started to have a very mild headache, which stayed from the time I fell asleep around 3am until I got off work the next day at 11pm. I also started to get symptoms of a cold after that, like sneezing, stuffy nose, and nasal drainage. however today, I woke up and felt completely fine (which is usually how I feel two days after a decent smoking session, the day after always feels a little slower for me, lol.) now the only reason I'm worried is that in my 18 years of living I have had maybe 4 memorable headaches, that's it. So they are really unusual for me. I really want to smoke this stuff again because it was so good :smoke: , but I don't want it to be detrimental to my health? :confused:

If anyone has any insight to this I would love to hear it, thanks a bunch guys.
    also this is my first post, hope it's not too wordy.

2. Its possible you smoked a seed and that can cause a headache sometimes.

give it another shot. make sure you pack your bowl PROPERLY. no seeds, no stems.

did your friend get sick too?

3. Since you started smoking in July I kind of want to say that the combination of the cold weather and the smoke from the weed aggravated some kind of non-allergic rhinitis or something.

I know that the smoke can aggravate symptoms of post-nasal drip in certain people, and that's no fun.

It does the opposite for my symptoms, personally, but I've seen it both ways in people.

4. AH! that might be what was it. We didn't have a lot to spend so we ended up getting to decent sized buds and the rest was shake. there was probably seeds in the shake, thus causing a headache! I completely forgot to mention it the first time... on another random topic, how do people get so good at remembering what measurements are like oz. , grams, 1/16 , 1/8 and so on... do you guys have any pointers?
    :D

5. [quote name='"TenAlt011"']AH! that might be what was it. We didn't have a lot to spend so we ended up getting to decent sized buds and the rest was shake. there was probably seeds in the shake, thus causing a headache! I completely forgot to mention it the first time... on another random topic, how do people get so good at remembering what measurements are like oz. , grams, 1/16 , 1/8 and so on... do you guys have any pointers?
    :D[/quote]

Just remember an ounce is 28, the rest you can do by math. If a whole is 28 a half is 14, if a half is 14 a fourth is 7. So 1/8 is 3.5, and after that I measure in grams but 1/16 would obviously be half an eighth so its 1.75.

6. Once you start smoking I don't really see how one could forget...

7. Obviously, you forget because of all those dead brain cells that come with smoking.
    [​IMG]

8. Smoking stems won't give you a headache.

Smoke dank, and you won't get headaches. You could have had a cold coming on, and the smoke just made it worse.