I'm a complete noob and I need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bgtg99, Dec 13, 2017.

1. I'm gonna be completely honest with you guys! I'm poor af. I have 2 cfl 75w lights connected under my sink, without any reflective paper around it

Is that gonna be enough?

2. For 1 seedling for about 1 week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not trying to be a dick, but why are you bothering?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gotta love ya mick - you say it how it is... fucking hell... gain some knowledge then come back and ask Dumb ass questions- and yes I'm being a dick... takes a lot more than just some bong smoker to know how to grow some good weed... I'm sick of these ohhhhhh I got some light bulbs from the shop will these do ? Fuck me... no they won't.

5. Its gonna cost a couple hundred to grow anything worth while

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Why is everyone so negative xD
    OK what about 225w for one auto flowering seed? 3000 lumins

7. We're not negative, just realistic. You will need at least 135 actual watts for one plant. 225 w equivalent cfl's are not going to get it, unless you're satisfied with a few grams of weed after investing 3 months of your time and energy. Good luck friend.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. For a small CFL grow, you want as a minimum, about 100w of actual power. Most household CFL bulbs are about 18w-32w, and are often described as "100w equivalent " but you should ignore this. 23w is the most common in my experience, and the minimum for a closet CFL grow in my opinion would be four of these bulbs.

An auto is going to grow a couple of feet by the time it is flowering, there is also the height of the plant pot which could be another foot, and you need space for your light fittings at the top which is going to be another couple of inches. So the space under your sink needs to be 3-4 feet tall for it to be a suitable space.

If you grow a photoperiod, you can more easily keep the plant short, and even fill the entire square-footage of the cupboard with a scrog, easily keeping the plant under 12 inches.

If there is enough space, it is worth surrounding the plant with white walls somehow.

Once it grows and flowers it will not be hidden under the sink because it will stink to high fuck. You can't hide it, unless you have an extractor fan and carbon filter. That's a main reason why people use tents or custom boxes for growing, because it is easy to add ventilation and smell control measures.

I have done this grow in an old water-tank cupboard at the top of the stairs, which the type of CFLs I mentioned. It wasn't autos, it was photoperiod, and it took ages to grow them I vegged for about 10 weeks and did LST and stuff, but the buds were okay - not really dense but passable - and they smoked great, but I only yielded an ounce from 2 plants. My next grow was almost identical but I had double the lights and shorter veg time, and I got double the yield. No fans or anything, just lights in a cupboard. It stank, but it was fun.
    Then I invested a couple of hundred in a proper tent and light and stuff, and I harvest about 10oz every couple of months now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Any light will work bit your not gonna get much bud probably a quarter oz

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. i say do it anyway, you can still do an autoflower, just put it in a half gallon pot, it won't grow more than like a foot tall, especially if you lst. It won't yield much, but who cares? years from now, when you're being interviewed by high times, you can tell the story of growing a 12" tall autoflower under your sink with a pair of 75W cfl's and harvesting 2 joints... I'd love to have that as my first grow story.

11. That will be one hell of a story

12. So update, I got 6 bulbs in total coming up to 104w!
    And an other question, how important are the Kelvin ratings on the bulbs? Cus the seeds auto!

• Like Like x 1
  13. 6500k for veg
    2700k for flower

Is the general rule of thumb, but most bulbs are made smack on those two temps, or close enough it wont matter much. Cheers, and best of luck pal.