Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Im a complete different person when Im not high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by solid_snake, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Guys I'm starting to realize that I'm a complete different person when I don't blaze. I'm not talking about just not smoking for one day. Here's my story. When I blaze its either I blaze daily or I would quit cold turkey and not blaze at all for a while. I don't do the "I blaze now and then" or "I only blaze when my friends invite me to". Like I said, I either Blaze daily or I'm not blazing at all for a while until I decide to blaze again. Problem is, I realize I have complete different hobbies when I'm blazing daily compared to when I quit and not blaze for a while. When I blaze daily I'm usually less social, I don't go out a lot and hangout with friends, I love playing basketball, and if someone is mean to me or making fun of me I don't retaliate or get mad at them at all unless they keep on doing it. basically it takes a lot more to get me angry when I'm a daily smoker. I don't like to say "when I'm high" because even though I didn't smoke for one day meaning I'm not high but as long as I'm still in the "I smoke daily" phase then my mind still has this kind of mentality. Every time I quit though I notice it changes. Not in one day, it takes several days for my mentality to change. But once my body is completely clean then I'm a complete different person. I'm more outgoing, I socialize with people more, I want to go to college and live a college life, I like the fact that I have a job, I'm not into basketball as much, and if someone is being mean to me or making fun of me, my mentality is completely different, I'll retaliate and make fun of them back or if they want to fight me then I'll tell them to fucking bring it. Basically I don't tolerate on peoples shit. If you get in my face I'll get in your face. There's more but I'm not remembering them all. Basically what I'm trying to say is, I'm like 2 different people when I'm a daily smoker compared to when I don't smoke at all, and I mean clean as in no thc in your body at all, fresh. Anyone else like this?

2. Everything you said is the truth, glad someone else admits it too. Some people can smoke every now and then, some people can't. I'm like you, it's all or nothing. Honestly, I feel best when I'm on a long-term break of not smoking..I'm much more outgoing, enthusiastic, and can think much more clearly. I have gained some better insight from smoking and had some great experiences smoking, but I think I benefit best not smoking, honestly. I wish I could just smoke on occasion, but the fact is, I can't. You think you're doing best when being a daily smoker, but essentially when you take a long-term break, you realize how great you feel. Good post OP.

3. #3 solid_snake, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
    yes i for years i thought i was the only person like this! If I'm comparing basketball, I feel like I have more passion and I'm more creative when I'm in the "daily smoker" phase. But when I'm completely clean, I still play but not as much, and I have less passion and creativity. But Its more complex than you explain to me. When I'm clean I can think faster and my mind is more clear yes, but when I'm in the "daily smoker" phase try beating me in chess, you will never win.

4. #4 orangegrovekush, Oct 10, 2012
    Do you change to this different person as soon as u smoke? or after like 2 months of smoking if so you probably get to lazy to do all the things u normally like to do and basketball is just something u dont feel lazy about and u dont play basketball as much because u probably feel as if ur to busy for it i will agree i feel like a dif person to after everyday smoking but if its on the weekends no effect at all its really fucked man theres all these people that smoke everyday and they seem fine and happy i have no idea how they smoke everyday and get no side effects maybe they've just got a better mentality or really they do feel different and dgaf

5. #5 iJetLife, Oct 10, 2012
    Mindset, personal situation, and your reaction to psychedelics is what I think that's the problem here.

I'm one of that dailysmokers, when I blaze all day everyday everything remains the same (like being sober), I'm still completely myself, and everything I do and love seem to be even more interesting and enhanced.

I think this can only be possible if you really got your situation, problems and mindset fixed. If not, all psycedelics do (weed) is make you realise this and make you feel bad after all, or at the very moment of being high. Sometimes it's hard to tell and you're just going with the flow of smoking every day, and people like you can't really figure out why they feel this way. Think about it.

I discovered this because I grew up with a big group of good friends (like 20-30) at the age of 16. We all started smoking at the same time (I was the only one that was very aware of what weed was and could do, because before I started smoking I did soooo many research, watched documentaries, video's, and discussions about the topic by very smart people). But since we are all started at the same point with smoking, I could literally see how people reacted to weed, some changed alot, some didn't, for the better and worse.

:bongin:

6. #6 420 Medical, Oct 10, 2012
    shit, I know what you mean....my ex was trying to complain about how I smoke weed all the time and I'm a different person when I'm not high, all grouchy and short tempered....so they asked her, you want him to stop smoking or smoke more???

7. No, like right now I'm clean. I haven't smoked in 2 months now. If I were to blaze right now I'll get high yes but I won't go back to that "daily smoker" phase mentality right away. It takes maybe 3 days of daily smoking before that other persona comes back.

8. I honestly thought you were talking about me. I just got back from doing cold turkey and I noticed the difference more now then before.

When i'm in my Stoner phase, im super careless bout everything. Not much pisses me off. I would also say that im less social because blazing lone watching TV chillin sounds better than going to a friends house and sitting on my fist.

When I don't blaze for a while I don't have patience for bull shit. Im more social because sitting at home gets lonely and there's really nothing better to do.

I also tend to lose weight when I stop smoking. Guess its cuz I don't have the munchies all the time lol

9. #9 solid_snake, Oct 10, 2012
    I found a twin :) All together I'm just surprised that there are a lot more people like me. I honestly thought I was the only one that changes.

10. My girlfriend says I'm a lot funner when I am high :laughing: Don't know what to think about that :D

11. im exactly in your shoes when i blaze daily for a while i start to notice im not very motivated to do things when i am sober i want to go out and hang with my friends and do stuff. i regret smoking everyday this summer when i looked back at some of the fun things i did there wasn't much. mostly all i did was wake up smoke a bowl eat some food smoke another bowl and chill and watch tv and that was my life. i stopped completely when i started noticing i could hardly get up in the morning to go to work at 11am! my friends even said all i wanted to do was chill and watch tv and not go out to a party and have a good time.

12. I'm much better at mundane tasks when stoned. I don't really like to socialize stoned, I'd rather stay out in the garage and work on stuff. Fun stuff really.

13. Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've cancelled plans with people just because I was high. Being high does make me less social, too. However, one way you can fix that is find more people who smoke weed. Stoners hang with stoners. There's nothing more fun than chillin with a bunch of people smoking weed for sure.

14. Just try to balance out your marijuana use. Cuz for you both, non-smoking, and smoking has it's benefits. Like you said, when your smoking daily everything is much more chill, and I don't want to get into it with anyone, basically, nothing is important enough make me angry. But, I find, if I smoke too much (like all day pretty much) I really don't have the drive to go out and socialize..with new people anyways. I'll still hang out with friends.

I know you said you don't like smoking occasionally. In your case, you are either on it, or you are off of it so to speak. But I'd suggest to get the maximum effects, what I do is I just smoke once at night; every night. Seems to work well with me. I'm still getting high and getting all of marijuana's wonderful effects, but I'm saving money, and have more energy through out the day so that's nice.

15. I have smoked weed every day give or take for the last 2 months. I stopped last friday because I have no job and my savings account was shrinking too fast for comfort: weed, 711(food), gas (driving to smoke spots), and smoking accessories was just too much. I'm on Day 5 and am doing fine, I was just thinking today I'm curious to see what changes, kind of like that movie 'Super High Me'. I feel that I'm like you in that either I smoke or don't smoke for periods of time. I've never just smoked weekends or something like that. I just want to do some experimenting with different toking amounts to see what happens.