Im a beginner caretaker, need some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sighanyde, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Hello

First let me say that I am new to the community and any help, advice, or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I am about to start caretaking / growing medicinal marijuana for medical patients in the Washington area.

I live in an apartment and will be doing this in a large room, with 1, or perhaps 2 grow tents.

I'm very new at this, so go easy on my because my questions may make you think "what the fuck is this doing" but I assure you I have "some" experience in this, just not a lot.

I'm diving in head first though and need all the advice I can get.

What I'm planning on doing is getting a couple of clones and using this grow tent to start...

http://htgsupply.com/Product-Grow-Tent---Size-Original-39-x-39-x79---Silver-Lined#

In conjunction with this particular light set up...

http://htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-2-Foot-4-Lamp-PL-55-Tek-Lamp

So what I'm wondering from here is that, If I have this particular tent, with this particular light set, can I grow 2 clones, from start to finish, in this tent, and do well with it?

I also have a question about ventilation.

Why do I need ventilation in the first place?

Is it for the health of the plant? Or is it to just get rid of the overwhelming odor?

Will the grow tent contain most of the odor? 

I have no Idea what I'm doing as far as indoor grows go, I only have experience with outdoor. 

Any advice about the size of my set up as far as the grow tent to plant ratio goes plus my ventilation concerns will be really helpful for me.

I'm going to go full retard on this and grow the most amazing flowers I can.

Also, what nutrients for indoor should I use? I hear that Humboldt nutrients are really good, but which ones should I focus on?

Thanks!

2. All info you wondering is just a search away. Anyways looks good!

3. Like Fresh says, you have to do quite a bit of research on your own, to answer most of these questions, but I will give you a point in the right direction.

Depending on your goals, you'll probably want at least two tents.  A veg tent and a flowering tent, This isn't necessary, but if you plan on growing for any length of time, this will allow you to make more efficient use of your time and space.

Cannabis will grow and flower under fluorescent light, but you won't get killer buds, or a lot of it.  For that, you'll need an HID light (HPS for flower, MH for veg).   Fluorescent light is great for the veg portion of your grow, but you really should use a high output light for flowering under.

An exhaust fan on your tent serves 3 purposes:  1) control temps.  It removes the heat generated by your light to keep it within optimal range (78 degrees F)   2) Replace CO2.  During the day, CO2 in the tent is used by the plants.   Keeping the exhaust fan on will ensure that this CO2 is replenished by replacing it with fresh air from the atmosphere  3) Control humidity.  Your plants will transpire (especially at night!) and sweat out moisture.  

Nutrients are a dime a dozen.   Ford/Chevy/Dodge.   However, don't get caught up in marketing hype!  Every company will claim theirs is the best, and try to sell you 12 bottles to make you believe that your plants will do better with all these additives.  OR you can choose a product that has everything you need in a single bottle or bag.   For this reason alone, I recommend General Hydroponics Flora, Floranova, or Maxi series.    I personally use the Maxi series because it's an amazing all in one nutrient (one for veg one for flower) and is very inexpensive. It contains everything your plants need to thrive.   Don't get tripped up with bold claims or fancy labels.

Enjoy!