Im 27 and I need dentures, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by astro_righteous, Oct 26, 2013.

1. I have bad teeth. It's in my genes. My grandparents have weak teeth, my mom has porous enamel. My dad had partials by the time he was 35. My teeth have been getting worse over the last 6 or so years, mainly the last 2. I have gaping holes, I had 4 removed last year cuz my jaw hurt so bad I would cry. And right now one of my teeth are chipped and exposing the soft tissue inside and I get these gnarly sharp pains. I'm at the point where I want to just have all my teeth pulled out so I can get dentures cuz at the rate I'm going they will just decay and fall out all painful anyways.

Probably would be cheaper too. But that's the question, I know from previous dental visits that it would cost around 5-6 grand to fix all my shit. But what's the average price of a full mouth of fakes? Anyone have dentures? What was the experience like? I imagine a full mouth of pain and discomfort for a few months then everything is fairly ok then after.

Personally I like the idea of taking out my teeth to clean them. I would do a much better job if I could look at them.

2. I feel ya bro. I don't need dentures but I do have bad gums in my family. I have to get the deep cleaning where they clean under the gum line or gingivitis would turn into periodontal and then they would all start falling out.

Hard fucking choice man, especially at that age.

Gen4

3. I'm 21 and have a fake tooth already (left "vampire" tooth) and I don't floss very much and brush once a day, sometimes not at all in a day. Used to eat lots of sweets, I'll have maybe 2 or 3 candy bars a week now. used to drink a 2 liter of pepsi almost daily for a long time while in high school.

I'm in fear of having dentures at some point. The dentist told me I've had so many cavities that there's not much more filling they can do. Recently since I've been there the past few times for check ups they said my teeth look good. So I guess I'm doing something right...or better.

Sorry for ranting in your thread but I can't imagine myself with dentures, however pleasing it sounds to not have to brush or anything afterwards.