Illuminator UFO 90W

Discussion in 'General' started by thadarkone, May 13, 2009.

1. Thinking about trading in my 650W HPS for a 90W UFO LED plate, which states it is equivalent to a 600 HID or HPS. They say this LED increases yield and can be used in all phases of operation. (vegitation and flowering) Is this true? Any other feedback?

2. this one time i did some drugs

3. this site is meant for marijuana connoisseurs attempting to help one another in their grows and any other questions they may have. it is a shame when immature individuals attempt to interrupt the process with irrelevant and child like remarks. thank you

4. pwned

5. Or the guy could've took some effort and posted his question in the proper section?

6. how does this not fit here?

7. Haha dude there are sections other than general.

"General Indoor Growing (31 Viewing)
    If you're growing indoors, this is the forum for you. Discuss lighting, mediums, feeding, efficiency and more."

8. yeah but in this case he's looking for a general opinion on if this is a good DEAL or not :cool:

9. HAHA i dunno dude, you win +rep

10. haha thanks bro right back at ya

11. So whats the answer?

12. This is a very heated debate, or at least when I ventured into the growing section. Personally I would not trade the 600 hps in for it. But if you can buy it do a comparison grow and then sell which performed the least well.

13. this is in the wrong section so expect some dumbass comments.

but here is my two cents:

UFO LED lights are still pretty new. They boast that they are as capable for producing growth as a 400W HPS with a very narrow light spectrum with not as much light intensity. LED lights are also supposed to be very efficient in reducing heat and the bulbs last 80,000 + hours.
    But I'm not sure that LED lights are the way to go. Maybe for propagation and vegging..but flowering needs more intense lighting. IMO LED does not come close to the power and lumens of an HPS or MH bulb.
    I personally would wait a couple more years when they have improved and are a little more cheaper. For what you pay, its not worth the investment.

14. i wouldn't recommend it. Some growers use those LED's on top of already using their HPS bulbs because they say the UFO's help produce more THC. The Trichromes are meant to block the plant from harmful UV rays & w/ the LED, it helps the plant produce more trichs.

Actually, i think i'm thinking of the UV bulbs. Lol my bad. :smoking:

But i still stand by what i said, like yourHIGHness said, they're still pretty new products & i don't think they would work as well as a 600w HPS

15. #15 Atom2, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    You can grow with just LED's just fine however the UFO is not the best choice. There are much stronger 100W LED growlights that will demolish the UFO. Check out the Procyon, its the best out there right now for the price. Procyon-100 100W LED Grow Light - HomeGrownLights.com

From Personal experience I have bought a lot of different fixtures from homegrown lights with nothing but success. If your going to get the DIY kit its almost worth it to have them assemble it for you because if you fuck up its hard to correct yourself if you don't have much soldering experience. All the info and spec's you need to know are on that site. Remember though, unlike what some people said LED's don't produce the UVB light that you want/get/need from HPS/MH lights or the sun so in flowering with LED's expect to spend some $$ on UVB's if you want to have close to the same trich production as a higher producing lights. Also for the record it's hard to compare any other form of light to LED because the light isn't measured in lumens like normal light, comparing it to a "600 watt HPS" or whatever is purely having 2 grows side by side and making visual observations of how the plants develope over time.

Hope this helps.