Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Illinois

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by grapape 420, Jan 2, 2009.

1. any news on Iilinois and medical weed

2. I did a Google with "Illinois Senate" and found the Illinois general assembly page where I searched with keyword "marijuana" and found this bill:
    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/Bil...=SB&LegID=37610&SessionID=51&GA=95&SpecSess=0

Looks like it is still alive and going through the various comittees to make amendments to it.
    I'd contact your rep and express your interest in it coming up for vote in the new 2009 session. Looks like it is scheduled for a 3rd reading as of Jan 13, 2009, although it looks like previous 3rd readings have been bumped for amendments by Health and Rules committees.

I have not read all of the legislation, but the words "Pilot Program" did jump out at me.
    I think I read before that initially the "pilot" would be limited to something like 1,000 applicants. So if this does pass, don't delay on applying! :eek: