Illinois Thinking About Legalization.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by REIS, May 1, 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Really hopes Illinois legalizes it, once they do it the rest of the upper midwest will probably follow with little hesitation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I give us 5 years/ 2020 at the latest.

3. It's all about the green!

-Mr. J-

• Like Like x 1
  4. Of course.

I'm sure the tax will be sky-high, the rules for dispensaries will be onerous (particularly for ones in Chicago), and of course we can't grow our own.

5. Legalize it, use the money from the tax revenue towards local issues.

6. Man, that would be awesome. I hope we legalize soon.

7. It's getting close :lmafoe:

8. They’re looking for recreational legalization with no personal growing unless you’re a medical patient. Seems a bit senseless to do one and not the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Me too considering we have Chicago as one of the biggest cities in the US, I really think Illinois legalizing marijuana changes the game for a lot of states in my honest opinion. Illinois is the first state to fully legalize marijuana recreational use through the legislature and not a ballot. This is a HUGE step and a good example for federally legalizing cannabis.

I'm hoping some of the states that were unsure what they wanted to do moving forward with legalization of cannabis, I really think Illinois has set the tone for it's surrounding states to move forward with legalization and finally end this prohibition nonsense.

• Like Like x 3
  10. The only growing they’re going to allow is if you have a medical script. But 5 plants or less is a misdemeanor. So the question is how serious will this be after legalization?

11. Honestly, laws change all of the time. I'm not expecting laws to remain the same years from now, however I think with enough voices heard, things can start to lean our way in terms of what we want out of legalization.

12. I seen where the Gov just signed this bill to start next year. Congrats, another step ahead.

13. The Gov just signed the bill today. Still would not be enough to get me to move to IL but for the people that live there this is wonderful. If I ever move to a legal state I am picking either CO or OR.

14. All of the legal states are too cold for my arthritis. I’ll just hang in prohibition till they wake up I guess. :GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. If you're in the south you could be in for a long wait. Even medical is a hard sell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Hmm. To gro or not to gro. Supposedly a $200 fine for 5 plants or less come January 1. Shit. It costs more than that to go through the process for a medical and caretaker license.

• Like Like x 1