Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Illinois the 12th state?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MAkeItLEGAl, Feb 14, 2007.

1. finally this state has realized that marijuana helps! from IL chapt. of NORML.

\t\t\t\t\tMedical Cannabis Bill 2007 Introduced in Illinois Senate\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\tIt is time to make Illinois the 12th state to protect sick and dying medical cannabis patients! Sen. John J. Cullerton (D-Chicago) introduced S.B. 650, which would remove criminal penalties for the doctor-advised, medical use of cannabis. NORML is pleased to announce that Senate Bill 650, an act to authorize the medical use of cannabis for qualifying Illinois patients, has been introduced in the state legislature and referred to the Senate Rules Committee. If approved, this proposal would allow authorized patients, under a physician's supervision, to possess up to two and a half ounces of cannabis and/or twelve plants for therapeutic purposes.

woot i hope all the illinois people on here vote YES!!!!!, voting is coming up at the end of the month

2. let's hope it goes through! the more states the merrier

3. im from illinois. you know what im votein. alltho i dont think it will pass with ppl such as gov. blagojoBITCH, mayor dailey and obama in office here.

4. Consider me a supporter.

5. I'm in full support of this...another good step in the right direction

6. oh please!!

come on govt, doing something good for once!!

7. Obama smoked marijuana in college, so who knows maybe he will support it?

8. obama also admitted to doing blow in college, which was pretty impressive to me, that he would admit something like that.

9. i hope he wins the primary, fuck hilary

10. because hes a smart man.. he knows that in running for presidency ALOT of people out there are going to be digging up as much dirt on him as they can to try and discredit him... but aslong as he admits and is open with the public those people cant touch him.

Whatever happen to ideas vs ideas??? why is always what this person did in elamentary school vs what this eprson did in highschool...

its all politics haha

11. Dude I saw this post and I was hoping it wasn't a question. And then I read it. Anyway, atleast it's getting voted on. This is great, just seems odd you could have 12 plants but only 2 and a half ounces. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope to win some more states over this year. Peace you guys.

12. Im from Illinois as well damn I hope this passes. And for Obama I saw him on Jay Leno talking about all of the things he admitted to trying and in response to Clintons whole "I did not inhale" thing, he asked Obama if he inhaled and he responded "That was the idea" or something along those lines which sent the crowd into an uproar.

13. whoa whoa whens this vote? I havnt heard anythign about it and i live in IL.

everyone from IL that reads this better vote also

i think our senators vote on it. http://www.ilmjp.com/

I've already emailed my newspaper and senator. This same vote has happend the last two years and has not passed. Its liek the media keeps it a secret cause the only way to hear about it is the internet or word of mouth

14. how would we go about votting?