Illinois legalization is a sham job rope a dope

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by PopeyeSpinach, Jul 8, 2019.

1. I don't know if anyone's actually read to the legislation that they wrote for this bill.

But it basically says you can go to the dispensary and buy cannabis up to 30 grams, you can transport it home but has to remain in a smell proof - child-proof - sealed container with the seal untampered unless your home. As soon as you open it and have anything in your car or in your pocket it's a Class A misdemeanor, and the fine is raised for it now.

No one is going to write the Civil violation for it, all the cops are going to charge people with class A misdemeanors and Tow their cars, bet!!

I gotta head to work but its bullshit, it's touted as reform but I can tell you after reading through a bunch that it's going to get more people arrested for cannabis than they are now, especially minorities.

Literally all this does is make it easier for a soccer mom to get some weed and smoke it on her deck, nothing more.

2. How will it get more minorities arrested than the laws you had?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I mean, i dont think anyone should just ride with it out in the open or in a car arround a child. But i know arround here, its the same way but there not jailing people.. Just a $250 fine or a class A jailable charge if you refuse to pay. But i understand what they are doing. Just trying to control it so things dont get out of hand with people buying bulk and transporting out of state i guess lol

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Its literally changed nothing is the point, the cops can and still will arrest you just like they always have. How the fuck can they tout it as criminal justice reform i do not know

• Like Like x 1
  5. Defiantly still the same forsure. Lol its basically the same rules and shit for alcohol.. Your gonna get shit on for either haha

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Bro idk where in IL you are but the cops in my county(and the immediate surrounding counties) don't give a fuck about weed. They're more concerned with the hard shit. Especially since decriminalization and legalization happened.

Sent from my [illustrious_imagination] using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Are you sure bro? What if you plant like 100 female marijuana plants on your lawn. Will the cops label you as competition and ransack you still? In my state that is a trip to the state/fed pen, meanwhile the state gov't is doing the exact same thing:bang:

8. Democrats...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. So if you're not allowed to legally grow 100 plants in your front yard you'd rather not change the existing law that doesn't even let you grow a few?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yup Democrats made it happen.
    Who added what requirements is unknown.
    Your accusation is blind as is your hatred towards anything left.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Why should I have to be forced to grow only a few plants? Why do I deserve punishment for growing 100 plants?

12. As it was before legalization, I could grow up to five plants and be charged with a class a misdemeanor.

"Medical marijuana patients would be allowed to grow five plants at a time. But non-patients are not allowed to grow marijuana at home – punishable by a civil penalty of $200 for growing up to five plants.

Only Illinois’ 20 existing licensed medical marijuana cultivation facilities will be licensed to grow marijuana initially. In 2020, “craft growers” will be able to apply for licenses to cultivate up to 5,000 square feet."- Illinois policy institute

So applying for the proper license next year and you can grow as many as you want within a 5k sqft facility.

I don't see any issues. Although our qualifying conditions for mmj could be a bit more lax.

13. You have to accept the mark of the beast in order to get a medical card. Yikes! No thank you bro.
    And the last bit about the license stuff is so vague. I bet it's really expensive & restrictive.

14. I have no hate. I noticed that failure and injustice follows democrats. Once democrats ruin an area, people move to a more republican area.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Your perception of reality is off.
    There may be a few large cities where that has happened, as I am sure has happened in some Republican dominated areas.
    Your statement is far from a universal truth and there are many instances of successful, prosperous Democrat areas.

:smoke:

16. I like how you threw in the minority card. That shit gets so fn old.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. It's not old.... It's statistics. And THEY don't lie .

18. wrong.
    Stop running around talking like idiots and waving guns with your pants around your ankles and the stereotype goes away. I look down on any moron who uses the word nigga and has their ass hanging out regardless of their skin color.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Using the word nigga .Has NOTHING TO DO with people of color having a higher arrest rate than whites for non violent misdemeanor drug possession. You know nothing sir.

20. There are specific clauses in this new law that help people with criminal backgrounds get into the business so you can't play the "color" card. I'd say race but we are all one race.

I'm pretty sure there was even mention of pardoning past marijuana crimes...idk on that 100% though.....