Illinois House bill 30 Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by FrankTheTank28, Mar 17, 2012.

1. If you live in Illinois, now is the time to act! and get the word out!

"Illinois Lawmakers Still Considering Medical Marijuana Measure
    Urge Your House Member to Support HB 30
    Legislation that aims to allow for the medicinal use of marijuana by qualified patients remains pending for the 2012 legislative session in the Illinois congress.

Initially introduced in 2011, House Bill 30, seeks to enact a pilot program regulating the limited use of marijuana for authorized medical marijuana patients. Lawmakers passed thethis bill out of committee in 2011, but consideration a House floor vote pending further consideration.

A companion bill, SB 1548, also remains pending in the Senate.

House Bill 30 will help to ensure that medical marijuana patients in Illinois will no longer have to fear arrest or prosecution from state law enforcement. As introduced, this act would allow qualified patients diagnosed with a “debilitating medical condition” to possess up to 6 cannabis plants and 2.5 ounces of marijuana for therapeutic purposes. The measure would seeks to establish not-for-profit “compassion centers” to provide medical marijuana for patients in a safe, above-ground environment..." -Norml

Click here or Here to send a message to your house member!

2. Getting on that right now!

3. Placing fliers all over the place would probably inform a lot of people.

4. You may consider placing news articles like those below (from WebMD- very respectable) in laundromats, the student lounge at the community college, or anywhere bored people gather!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain
    Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain

Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain (news - 2004)
    Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain

Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation (news – 2007)
    Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain (news – 2003)
    Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill
    Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

Next, find the local folks who are supporting this bill and turn them on to my List- it may give them the "ammo" they need! :D

Do you know anyone who has fibro? Show them this article! There has to be a real good reason why 1 in 8 fibro patients use cannabis in spite of it being illegal in most states!

One in 8 with fibromyalgia uses cannabis as medicine (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]http://news.yahoo.com/one-8-fibromy...-211131330.html;_ylt=A2KJjakhXv9P8AEApifQtDMD[/FONT]

You don't even need to risk a confrontation with your ailing friends and relatives! The US Mail will deliver a letter with no return address! ;) Just pop a few abstracts or news articles into an envelope and send it!

And comment in the news! People do read the comments! Educate them and use titles from my List to back yourself up! Gateway theory is still a big bugaboo for many folks- you counter with -

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs. (news – 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.[/FONT]

Breast cancer is another good one to focus on! CBD from cannabis can cause the cancer cells to REVERT TO NORMAL!!! :eek:

Can marijuana stop cancer? (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Can marijuana stop cancer? - San Francisco Health News | Examiner.com[/FONT]

"the presence of the CBD caused the cells to stop spreading and to return to normal."

OK, that should give you guys some ideas on how to spread the word! Get your copy of my List (bottom of my sig) and share it with your friends! All we have to do is present the facts! Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious!

Granny :wave:

5. Hell yeah! I just wrote my rep about it, Just hope hes not a crook and actually listens to us. I hate this state with a passion, Nothing but common criminals running the show here.:mad: