Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Illegal to be high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GoodFella93, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Is it illegal to be high off marijuana? Let's say I just smoked a blunt to my face, and I walked into a police station with blood shot eyes, reaking of pot, and it was pretty obvious that I was high. But I didn't have any weed or paraphernalia on me, and I wasn't driving. Would the cops be able to do anything? Could I be charged for being high off marijuana?

2. Maybe for public intoxication. Treat everyone kindly by being polite and respectful. You shouldn't have any problems then.

3. ^^^ they cant prove you are high when you are high tho man..... like you could be sober for 2 days and fail a ba and ua and that wouldnt prove shit.... being high is only considered illegal if operating an automobile, or machinery

4. if you driving OWI im not sure about that though but probably

5. While it's not specifically illegal to be high, unlike being drunk (public intoxication). They could probably slap on some gay charge like disturbing the peace or something.

6. as far as i know there is no way to prove you were high off marijuana at any given time...there is only a way to test if marijuana is in your system but it stays there so long there is no way to accurate way to gauge levels in association with time consumed... but with that in mind like the previous posters stated be respectful and dont make stoners look like ignorant assholes

7. They can't prove you're on crack cocaine but plenty of people get arrested for being a public disturbance or being intoxicated in public for it.

8. it would prove that there is thc in your system and as they see it you are under the influence

9. ^^^ your blood is fucking FLOODED with crack after you smoke it, when you smoke weed, your blood has thc, when your not smoking but have, its the same situation.... They can defs test for intoxicating levels of other drugs in blood.....

10. when you take a test it and its sent to the lab it comes back with an amount thats in your system

11. not at all, with the amount of bud ive smoked without a t-break, i would fail a test like 2-3 weeks from now if i stopped cold turkey on the bud, and any judge in any court knows THC isnt testable in intoxicating levels..... but its easy to just, add another charge as said before lol...cops are really good at that part

12. How would they prove this if you're driving?

13. and im telling you now, my blood THC level sober, is 100x that of someone thats never puffed, after smoking their first 8th blunt... its comparative to use. With other drugs, its more like, they set a level that will fuck ANY one up and if you pass it, your fuckin fucked up lol

14. judges dont care when the last time you smoked was if you piss firty then thats all they care about

15. lol they do they choppy eye test, and memory/speed tests on you
    have you ever tried to say the alphabet on one foot, skipping 2 letters at a time, high as fuck....doesnt work man

16. you dont make any sense.

17. The judge better care about the last time you smoke, if thats the situation in question... I would MAKE them take a blood test on me right after smoking, and then make them take one the next day and compare the numbers, its totally a personally number.... light weights could be flyin high, with a barely trace-able difference in the THC BC from regular....while im sure my THC BC is much lower at 8 am than it is at 8 pm.....

18. It makes perfect sense, THC is one of few illegal substances that sticks around for more than 72 hours, So, when im sober, since i smoke a lot and its obviously in my blood, my thc blood levels will be MUCH higher than someone on their first day of puffing, even tho, that person will be 10X as high as i am.....

19. you cant make a judge do anything they would tell you to fuck off and go out the back door to the jail cell

20. Goodfella, It really depends on where you are, though it is not technichally illegal to "be" high, some cops will take you in for acting roudy in public, do not operate machinery, and dont be paranoid, haha paranoia is the killer of a high.