Illegal Legal Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by THCMikey, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Just out of curiosity- say you live in a state that has decided to legalize recreational use of marijuana. In what situation would it be an illegal act? If a federal agent wanted to walk into a recreational dispensary in Colorado, what power would he have? Could he arrest a individual citizen for carrying marijuana he (state) legally purchased?

I understand it's unlikely this would ever happen and they have bigger fish to fry- Just curious.

2. #2 zmessengerz, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

3. What happened in Pennsylvania? I find it hard to believe (perhaps just hard to swallow) that marijuana won't eventually be legalized by definition. It's just too big now to go back to how it was.

4. #4 zmessengerz, Aug 11, 2016

5. Op even in so called legal states there's guidelines such as how much can be in your possession. Each state has its own rules.

6. I understand that, I'm just trying to get a better grasp on what can technically happen. Can a DEA agent go into a dispensary or bust somebody with a state legal amount, for example?

7. You would have to be breaking the law, so no. if you have the legal amount then you're legal

8. That is breaking a law. It's breaking federal law. So you could technically be arrested by a federal agent, though unlikely.

9. #9 zmessengerz, Aug 11, 2016

10. Sure federal law. I guess you better sober up and quite smoking weed then because you are always illegal no matter where you are if that's your concern. I guess there wasn't any reason for you to even ask your question.

11. #11 zmessengerz, Aug 11, 2016

12. I'm not concerned about it. Like I said in my original post, just curious. I asked the question elsewhere and found the correct information- which was my original reason for asking my question.

13. No sarcasm. If he's worried about the feds well that's nationwide. If he already had the answer he wanted no need to ask the question to begin with

14. You had to ask if it's federally illegal?

15. Hmm... I feel you may have failed to read my original post. I'll post it again, this time highlighting some key points.

To which I then gave you the information that I had since figured out. Yes, you can be. And now:

You replied as if I hadn't made it clear that I was referring to federal law the entire post. You just shot out what you thought to be true and now you're trying to back track, claiming I wasn't clear in what I was asking.

17. Killset gets off on thinking that weed isn't for everyone. Probably because he has a problem and over compensates by believing others do. Same old song and dance.

18. Fk man I admitied Im stoned and misread the 1st post. I'm not a God just an averge man....not too mention left work early. I'm so sorry I'm not perfect like these lovely gentlemen sitting on top of their high horses making a big deal out of nothing. I bow at their greatness.....and their hilarity

Attached Files:

19. The issue isn't that you made a mistake. Mistakes happen, stoned or not. The issue is that you were condescending about something you were incorrect about. It's an attitude problem, not a "stoner" problem.

20. If you can't correctly read a post while high then weed is not for you bud.