Illegal Immigrant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DeepDeepSouth, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Recently the subject of illegal immigration has become a hot topic, and I honestly think a lot of people are not well educated on the subject. I have written several papers on the subject and while doing research I found that overall illegal immigrants have a net positive effect on are economy.

One of the biggest misconceptions about illegal immigrants is that they don't pay taxes, this idea is wrong most illegal immigrants pay their income taxes. Thru pay-check withholding illegals pay social security and medicare taxes, even tough as illegal immigrants they will never be able to claim a social security check. Illegal immigrants also not very likely to claim a refund at tax time. A paper in the peer reviewed Tax Lawyer journal from the American Bar Association asserts that illegal immigrants contribute more in taxes than they cost in social services.

*Many illegal immigrants pay up at tax time - USATODAY.com

Another popular idea is that illegal immigrants are a strain on are healthcare system, while it is true that when in need of health care some illegal immigrants visit the ER in order to receive care without having health insurance. Most illegal immigrants ovoid visiting hospitals when possible to avoid attention. I live in south Texas and it has long been known that are area has one of the highest medicare cost per capital in the nation. Most people blamed are large illegal immigrant population for the high cost, but in a recent New Yorker article the truth war reviled. The article showed that in this area medicare cost was so high due to medicare fraud. Medicare fraud cost tax payers up to 35 billion dollars a year this is multiple times the amount that illegal immigrants(8 billion) cost tax payers. The point im trying to make is that even though illegal immigrants do affect are healthcare system there affect is small went compared to the effect of fraud.

*Medicare fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    *McAllen, Texas and the high cost of health care : The New Yorker

I just wrote this to show people that illegal immigrants are not lazy free loaders that come to are country just to milk are social services. I personally know some people that are in are country illegally and to be honest they are some of the hardest working people I have ever known. These people know what its like not having something to eat or somewhere to sleep so they work there butts of for minimal wage. That is why America is great its the land of opportunity if you work hard you will succeed. There is many Citizens that choose to be lazy and don't work because they know they will be taken care of by the government. I don't know about you all but I think are country would be better off if we keep the hard working illegal immigrants and get rid off all the citizens that have been milking the system for everything they can.

I know not everyone will agree with me one this subject and i respect everyone's opinions, just keep responses civilized.

2. haha i already what some of the ignorant kids on here are gonna say, "yeah but they should fix their own country instead of fucking up ours". i currently live in mexico and i know why people choose to leave, and it's cause hard working individuals are taken advantage of, with no promise of progression, while lazy bastards pay their way into anything. college, jobs, political offices. fuck it seems like the only way to make anything of yourself here is to join the right mafia. for example if you're a teacher you have to be a member of a certain political party and shit. at least in the US they can sort of go under the radar and make some a somewhat decent living.

3. Nice post, I like how the more layers of the onion that get peeled away the more the argument comes down to "I jus' dun like me no Mex'kin."

4. most peoples problem is that they are here illegally,

this means they are just assuming and dont really know

"Spokesman Mark Hinkle says Social Security does not know how much of the $9 billion can be attributed to illegal immigrants. The number is certainly not 100%, but a significant portion probably comes from taxes paid by illegal immigrants."

none of the links you provide prove that illegall aliens do more good for the economy than bad. and mirvs if you think that poeple "jus' dun like me no Mex'kin." i guess your saying that most of america is racist, which mwould make you not very bright

5. I agree some of the hate towards illegals is unwarranted, but likewise you shouldn't condone them coming here illegally. While they do contribute taxes we don't know the net gain/loss from their participation here because they are undocumented, and it's unfair to the people that come here from all over the world legally.

It appears to me that the problem is they pay Federal taxes but consume local State resources, like medical and child care services. So while they contribute to the war effort of the empire, they are a drain on our domestic infrastructure.

6. The problem isn't whether they're here illegally or legally, it's that they have brown skin.

Anyone with half a brain realizes that illegal immigrants are overwhelmingly good for our economy, but their brown hysteria (The same people who don't want Muslims to build a mosque in NYC) drives people crazy. People cite (false) statistics about rape and murder and illegals drunk driving, but the overwhelming evidence shows that the more illegal immigrants in an area, the more crime goes down.

7. How did you reach this conclusion?

8. #8 lovetobtokn, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010

This seems to be based off of pure emotion and brainwashing that has led you to believe americans or even those against illegal immigration just hate mexicans, are racists and are out to get everyone. Your the one making it about race, just like the libs on tv. The mexican president even said in an interview (im sure someone else knows where the video is, but google is your friend) that if people came to mexico illegally, he would deport them and they have to fill out papers and go through the legal process... hmm interesting.
    So why are we expected to house everyone who is oppressed or may not have it as good as us at our own expense? And it is at our expense...
    Its not like we don't have our own impoverished...
    Its not like we don't have a legal way of becoming a US citizen...
    I really would like to see you give some information showing how illegal immigrants are more beneficial to the US than not.
    And im tired of the assumption that anyone against illegal immigration, is somehow racist. I think you can figure that one out on your own.

9. This was covered really well in two places: Eric Schleisser's book "Reefer Madness" and the movie "A Day Without a Mexican."

10. Nice post. I'll admit when I saw your name I was like oh man he's probably going to rant, thankyou for proving me wrong. Yea Also some people don't realize illegal or not there still people, they come here for a reason to be as productive as they can to provide fir there families.

11. #11 newskoolgrower, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    nice post, many people hate illegal immigrant because lies people like lou dobbs spread about them. Like illegals take up 1/3 of the prison system, and that tax payers pay for those prisoners. many people listen to the man religiously

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqKvSxmUoVQ]YouTube - CNN: Lou Dobbs or Latinos in America?[/ame]