Illadelph Micro Beaker 12" (Re-Sale Value?)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ISmokeWeedLOL, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Hello!

I bought an Illadelph Micro Beaker from my friend back in 2013 that he bought sometime in 2011. I broke a cheap after market downstem that was in it and took it into a smoke shop to fix, and was told by the guy there that Illadelph no longer makes this particular pipe anymore and told me I could potentially sell it for $500+

I don't know anything about Illadelph's, and from what I found online of similar pieces I cant find anything that would substantiate what this guy told me, so I was hoping someone here might know more about this piece and its true value?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. cool piece. I can't speak to the value of it, but if it is worth that much you'll have a hard time finding someone to pay it. If they aren't a collector of Illadelph it is just a regular beaker.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 The Dankmeister, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    I'll give you another bump to try and help you find and Illyhead.
    but I've never seen ANY Illadelph tube or beaker go for less than a few hundred dollars if it has all the stuff that came with it.

sick micro.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That things dope. The Celtic beaker bottom. label and crest in a color you can’t get. That should be your daily driver!

You can definitely get 500 for that set up. Trying to get a real illy downstem would help your resale. If the buyer knows anything about the company they will know those labels don’t come off. And most of the label is gone. Aside from that the tube is sick !

5. Hey bud, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that bong isn’t even worth $500 new. That’s a production piece, meaning it’s not customized or part of a limited series, it’s a normal wood grain label micro beaker by Illadelph. They retail for about $300 brand new, with complete set. Considering you don’t have the original downstem, and if any other original pieces are missing, you’re looking at a retail value of around $150. Sorry, it’s a normal piece in the eyes of any collector. Additionally, Illadelph’s gain value if they’re made in 2009 or before. Anything after 2009 is the same label, borosilicate glass, and relatively the same roster of artists. I’m not sure why someone would assume the bottom design to be rare, as every single frosted or mini beaker has that design on the bottom. It’s suppose to match the label color too. Best of luck selling it, I’d recommend you keep it.

6. Not sure if you’ve been around many illadelphs, given the ignorant comment that you made. First, very normal color, look up a wood grain micro beaker, it’ll fill your google images with different beakers that look identical to that one. Second, it’s a production piece, no collector would pay $500 for any production piece, I paid $415 for my tall (21”) production beaker, but 1.2k for my custom piece. Production pieces are made every day to fill different smoke shop’s shelves and hold zero unique value. Third, I wouldn’t start recommending that people buy a different production downstem for their tubes, if it’s not the same wood grain pattern, it won’t increase the pieces value very much. And finally, labels do rub off EVENTUALLY, especially on production downstems. I bet he used Illadelph’s recommended glass cleaner, Randy’s black label, on that shit. Randy’s has similar chemicals to nail polish remover and can strip older downstems of their labels.