I'll post my story, too.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ParanoidAtBest, Nov 16, 2011.

1. [quote name='"ForTooZero"']I'm not gunna lie, suspense makes me angry. I like the writing it's great but it makes me mad as fuck when you don't explain stuff. You said everybody hated you and wanted you to drop out of school. What did you say to the kid who ran up to you crying saying "why"? What did you say that made everybody including the vice principal hate you?[/quote]

He explained a little that people think he talked shit to a football player that died so everyone hates him because of it, Im pretty sure but correct me if i'm wrong.

2. I explained that. :(

Indeed..

3. No! You did not explain it. Come on man, I have like ocd shit where this stuff like bugs me in the back of my mind and I can't think about anything else. Please tell me why that guy came up to you and said, "Why did you say that?" Also tell me why everybody at the school hated you? Is it because you tried to kill yourself? I don't understand why that would make people hate you? Help a reader out please. It had to do with a rumor but what was the rumor?

4. "
    By the time my daze ended, Mr. Riley was done talking and every one had gotten up. Mr. Riley was standing next to me. He patted me on the back with a smile. "You alright, David?" I looked at him and smiled.. He probably expected me to be happy or something.. But I guess he never lived in a Boys home before. I sighed and got up, and walked over to the window. "You know you can't stay in here, David." He said. I nodded once more and smiled. I walked into the main room and sat on the couch, looking up to the ceiling. Mr. Riley didn't really know much about me, no one here did. I liked it that way. After about five minutes of dazing off, Mr. Riley popped a seat next to me and immediatly asked, "So, David - What got you here?"
    I looked to him and suddenly started to recall everything from the past. I would daze off again.. in my own memories. "How could you say that, man!?" the baseball player who would say to me, tears in his eyes. I didn't know what he was talking about. Every one was staring at me. I didn't know what to do. I looked behind me, the double wide doors were calling to me. "Run." They were saying to me. So, I did just that. I turned around and walked out of the doors. I walked home.
    As I walked home, I was thinking to myself about everything that had happened over the past few days. Why it happened.. how it happened. As I was walking home, my paranoia started acting up. I felt like I was going to get beat up. I decided to take the back ways.. even though I knew it would take longer. I walked behind every store and every apartment building I could. Eventually, I got to Dixie Highway.. the highway I lived on. I walked into Walgreens only to see a familiar cash register.
    "Why are you out of school so early, David?' She would ask me. I sighed, shaking my head, rubbign the back of my head nervously as I did. "Long story." I walked back to the back to grab an AriZona Iced Tea. My favorite tea. The cans were very tall and very good. Sugary, too. I paid for it, and exited.
    "Why did this happen?" I thought to myself as I was exiting the store. I could see my street from here. I wanted to get high, but I decided to go straight home and skip his house. I went home and sat in my computer chair, logging right on to Myspace. I had a lot of threatening messages.. I wasn't surprised. I would get a lot of these for many years to come. I looked to my bulletin. It had many comments. It read:
    I am sick of seeing all of these bulletins. I feel bad for Max and how he died.. But if he did not get water.. It was his fault. If the coach refused.. it is obviously the coaches fault.
    When I realized that bulletin alone was the cause of all my misery.. I did not know what to do. I climbed into my bed and shut the lights off. I wanted to die.
    ~"

That explains it..

5. I read that part but I didn't understand what happened. Maybe I'm missing something. Somebody died because their coach didn't give them water? I think I read about that in the news. What does this have to do with you? Is it just because you said it was the kid's fault he died or something?

6. Yes on the latter - People singled me out and well, from that it grew and gtew

7. read like half maybe, will continue tomorrow.

8. #48 JuicyGoose, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    I think i remember this. Wasn't the coach's name David? :confused:

And i am pretty sure the kid was taking some sort of prescription that upped his chances of a heat stroke... not dehydration. My mom is a news freak.

9. Nah.. His name is Jason, I think. Jason Stinson. Something like that. And yeah, he was on ADHD medicine I think. But, that isn't the entire point of my memoir. x.x;

10. Are there going to be any updates soon? I really enjoy stories like this but yours is exceptionally good.

11. I can't wrap my head around what could've possibly drove you into such a deep depression.

Like, i don't know what you could've said that was so bad. I read the memoir and i still have questions about it.

Did you mention that it was the kids own fault?

12. #52 ParanoidAtBest, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Yes. I'm about to update it right now.

Mentioning that is what caused by to spiral down, man. I'm about to update it, if you're interested?

Edit: By the way guys, do you think my memoir is good enough that maybe when completely finished.. Actually, let rephrase - Do you guys think I am a good enough writer to, with practice and more writing, make a living out of it?

13. When I got to the bottom I wanted it to be a book. Interesting story man took me forever to read but your writing is very good. You should make this a lot longer, and publish it as a book. I'd buy it for sure.

14. Hearing that made me smile. No one is ever nice to me, until I decided to put myself out there in the 'city. Nwo that I have - I don't regret it, and I feel so many positive vibes, it makes me wonder whats in store for me in life if you guys like my memoir... than others will too, right? Do you really think when it's done it's be worth getting published?

BTW.. I'm updating it right now. If you want to read mroe of work, check the poems. The link is on the top right.

:smoke:

15. Hey can you start putting breaks between the updates it sucks to have to go through all that to find where you left off

16. You could definitely be a writer. I think you should actually take some classes, refine your style and maybe learn a little creative writing. :D

17. and this whole "real life stoner" genre might be eye opening. Definately grasps my attention!

18. I will see what I can do within WordPresses limits, heh heh.

Well, I'm updating it right now - I'll reply when I'm done. I mean, if you reply again - If not, I'll just edit this post. By the way.. classes? Like.. what kind? I get your meaning but what KIND of classes? Like.. college classes or something or what?

19. Can't wait for the update man. This is definitely worth getting published. I wish I knew more books with your style of writing I'd read them for sure. I like reading about stuff that I like doing. I think all stoners would love that book.

20. Updated. It isn't very long, but I want to resume my movie. :p "The art of getting by" - My friend told me to watch it. She said the main character, the male, reminds her of me. /Shrug. I guess.

Tell me your thoughts, I want to hear them!