I'll never understand..

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Ilovejane, Mar 4, 2012.

1. I will never understand why my mom would always get extremely mad at me. When she ruined all my friendships because of smoking weed. (never let me see them.) I'll never understand when I had no social life she would take away the laptop I saved for and spent all my money on. I'll never understand why she would start freaking out and yelling at me for no reason cussing and putting me down. I've never understood why she always seemed like she enjoyed making me upset. It's not a big deal I'll just never understand if she truly enjoyed isolating me from my homies and called me a fucking nerd who doesn't do anything because I wasn't like her and didn't like working out or playing sports. I love you mom but why.. Just had to vent lol p&l

2. You were probably an accident she never wanted to have, or she's just batshit crazy.

3. You were just probably the result of a 1970's car key party

4. My mom's the same

all I can say man
    Is that don't associate with your mom when you don't live with her I guess

That's what I'm planning to do

5. Yeah, I was "grounded" my fair share back in the day, up until I realized that there was no invisible wall in front of the front door, and I just was like okay mom cya tommorow..

6. My mom's the same, I'm sorta glad I don't live with her anymore but the ultimate plan is to live far away from my family (they're crazy).

7. My mom was the same... She drank like 2 liters of vodka every 3 days on average. I'd barricade myself in my room.. She went blind a little over a year ago. Now I take care of her.. What I'm trying to say is. Enjoy her she is your mom.

8. You sound like a push over. Stand up for yourself. If you're over 18 why do you let her push you around?

9. Your mum sucks bro, she should love you for being who you are.

10. This is a very interesting question OP asks. There is no easy answer. Having had similar life experience, I'd like to throw in my two cents.
    All people are a result of their life experiences and the life experiences of their parents and their parents parents.
    Because of generations of practice at certain ways of relating to each other, we carry on many (not always all) of traits of our families.
    For example; domestic abuse is a generational syndrome. so is bullying, success and failure.
    Now before anyone decides to call me batshit or other names, think about this; what must a person (in this case a mom) have lived in order to treat her own child as she treated this one? Meaning, how was she treated by her family that makes her think that treating her kids in a way that leaves them feeling like this is normal? And how her parent's families treated their kids who would then grow up to pass along these beliefs?
    It isn't as easy as saying "she should know better" or "she should just love you as you are", etc.
    People are products of their upbringing and many are unconsciously reliving their lives over and over and don't know why, and passing that along to their kids.
    It only takes one thought of "This isn't right" to cause a change that will positively affect your life and that of your kids, but not everyone is strong enough to make those changes for it is easier to stay as you are then it is to make waves and reject what has been your normal (and their normal) and give yourself what your parents should have given you had they been conscious in the first place.
    Having spent my 46 years asking these same questions has caused a shift in my life and that of my child, which he will never really know as we tend to not know what we don't know. And I am happy for that.
    I hope you find peace OP and forgive where it is necessary and hold accountable where it is necessary as well.

11. [quote name='"catfish swiming"']You were just probably the result of a 1970's car key party[/quote]

Whats a car key party

12. hahahaha that had me crackin. but seriously its like a random orgy thing.

Urban Dictionary: key party

13. Have we made op kill himself yet?

14. I saw it on that 70s show

15. Dude haven't you ever watched that 70s show??

16. >>>/b/

17. Your moms are people too.

18. I never said I don't like my mom she gave me a life and I am always in her debt. I just never understood sometimes why she would make me miserable when I wasn't doing anything wrong. Still a good woman but the question was I'll never understand, not why do I hate my mom.

19. You will understand when you grow up.

20. lol pandoras box is like a super tame /b